AWKWARD. 006

Meanwhile . . .

Jake found it a bit sus that Jungwon and Jay were both taken by a student council officer at the same time. As he watched Jay getting taken away by Nicholas, another student council officer whom he recognized as Kyungmin walked up to him and Sunghoon, and what confused him the more is that Sunoo was trailing behind him. "Sunoo Kim, this will now be your fiance," Kyungmin said and both Jake and Sunghoon had their eyes widened at what the officer said.

Sunoo looked at Sunghoon and then at Jake, before mouthing a 'sorry' to the both of them. "Please follow me to the marriage booth."

Jake glanced at Sunghoon. He already somehow expected that it would be Sunghoon who would go to the marriage booth with him, but Kyungmin gestured at Jake, "Sim Jaeyun, please follow us."

"What?" Jake's eyes slightly widened and he glanced at Sunoo who was hiding behind Kyungmin with his head hung low, but his ears were red, signalling that he was flushed. With concern evident in his eyes, Jake looked at Sunghoon who gave him a reassuring smile, but the smile didn't reach his eyes which depicted that there was no joy in the latter. "Hoon..." He softly mumbled.

"It's okay, really," Sunghoon mumbled and looked at Jake, "it's just a booth anyway."

Jake tried not to frown and instead gave Sunghoon an apologetic smile. He heaved a sigh and only nodded his head before walking away with Kyungmin and Sunoo.

Sunghoon watched the three figures leave, but more importantly, he caught how Sunoo kept glancing at Jake. It was already obvious that he had no chance with Sunoo. Since the first time they met, he knew that Sunoo was already in love with Jake. Heck, the two met even before Sunghoon met Jake, and even before Sunghoon met Sunoo. And he knew that even before 02z started their friendship, Jake also had sparkles on his eyes whenever he saw Sunoo.

He already knew that he lost. Looking away from the painful sight of the two together at the marriage booth, Sunghoon walked away with a heavy heart.

𖧧

Jake and Sunoo both left the marriage booth, and of course, both of their faces were red. Kyungmin and Taeyong threw rose petals over them and cheered, "congratulations on the wedding!"

The other students from any of the schools who passed by them also clapped and cheered, finding the whole marriage booth amusing. Jake hid his face in embarrassment and his eyes scanned around the big campus in hopes of finding his brother, Jay, and Sunghoon.

Sunghoon. Jake couldn't help but sigh. He felt guilty because he knew Sunghoon liked Sunoo.

Even though Jake liked Sunoo first, he still felt guilty because he knew how hard it would be for a person to like someone who.. obviously already likes somebody else. Jake glanced at Sunoo who was already looking at him, making Sunoo look away from Jake's gaze to suppress his smile, though his face being beet red already gave it away. A smile appeared on Jake's face and he cleared his throat to gain Sunoo's attention. "Let's go look for Jungwon."

"Okay, husband," Sunoo boldly said and Jake looked at him, bewildered and amused at the same time. Sunoo laughed at the sudden confidence he had before hiding his pink cheeks and walking off.

"Y-yah, wait for me!" Jake exclaimed and immediately caught up with Sunoo as the two walked side-by-side. Eventually, they found two familiar figures walking together around the food stalls, both of them holding burgers and soda.

"Is that...?" Sunoo mumbled.

"Jungwon and Jay?"