CLOSER. 011

It had been three days since their date; Jungwon sat on the couch of their living room in his school uniform, waiting for his brother to finish fixing himself as he scrolled through Tiktok. He had asked Jake what happened during that day where he was left with Jay in the restaurant because his best friend and brother apparently couldn't make it.

Jake explained that they talked with Sunghoon, and that Jake didn't want to ruin their friendship because of liking the same guy. So Sunghoon agreed to avoid Sunoo for a while just so he could have time for himself, heal, and hopefully stop liking Sunoo.

"Jeez, love triangles are so complicated," Jungwon muttered as Jake finished tying his shoelaces.

"Pfft. You're in on one yourself," Jake mumbled under his breath, but of course, Jungwon caught up with what he said.

"No, I'm not!"

"Heeseung and Jay?" Jake raised his eyebrows and Jungwon clicked his tongue.

"C'mon! It's not like I have feelings for Jay," Jungwon groaned, "and I like Heeseung! He knows it. They all know it."

"Uhhuh, sure," Jake sarcastically nodded and his mouth fell agape upon sudden realization. "Wait, did you just call Hee 'Heeseung'? Since when did you drop the nicknames?"

"I did? Shit, I did," Jungwon muttered and sighed in frustration. "I just have a lot in mind, okay? I've been stressed because of the workload, that I haven't been noticing stuff."

"Sweetie, in case you've forgotten, we had a week-long vacation due to the Flicker Fest," Jake said in a matter-of-fact tone. "As far as I know, you've only been chatting with Jay and Sunoo, watching movies, taking the dogs for walks with Ni-ki and taking care of your cactus for the rest of the week. I don't think that's the workload."

"Okay, dad! Who are you? Dad Yoongles?"

"Jungwon!" Jake clicked his tongue and Jungwon stuck his tongue out.

Knocks from the door interrupted the siblings and Jake, being the closest to the door, sighed and opened it to reveal Jay standing by the doorway. Jay's eyes immediately caught Jungwon's and the two smiled at each other. Jay wore Calling University's uniform and his usual glasses. He fixed his dark hair a bit to look more presentable.

Jake glanced at Jungwon, "you have a visitor."

"Well why don't you look at that, my sugar daddy arrived," Jungwon jokingly mumbled and grabbed his bag, standing up.

"Good morning," Jay laughed.

"Hi, hyung, what brings you here?" Jungwon sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

"I'm here to pick you up and drive you to school."

"What?!" Jungwon's eyes widened and he looked at Jake who only shrugged.

"He asked for my permission," Jake said and pushed Jungwon closer to Jay. "Now go away, I have to pick someone up, too."

"Wow, you literally just sold me to Jay again," Jungwon groaned.

"Let's go, Won, my Audi awaits," Jay teasingly smirked.

"What happened to my overprotective brother?" Jungwon raised his eyebrows at Jake. "Who are you? Get out of my brother's body, demon. Give me back Jaeyun."

Jake laughed out loud and leaned in to whisper in Jungwon's ear. "You only like Heeseung, remember? I don't think it's a big deal to let a friend drive you to school. And in case you've forgotten.. you have a 'no boyfriends' rule."

"Don't you have no shame? I don't pay for the car's gas, this is so embarrassing," Jungwon whined and his feet lightly stomped against the floor to show his annoyance.