Chapter 18

⚠️GO BACK AND VOTE ON ALL THE PREVIOUS CHAPTERS IF YOU HAVEN'T ⚠️

VOTE AND COMMENT 📌

━━━𑁍━━━

"Byakugan!". Hinata said, activating her kekkei genkai as Menma and her, entered the east of the forest after she sensed one of the dogs behind them.

Ignoring the presence of the dog behind her, she stopped on a tree branch scouting the area till where her byakugan range goes, "No one is around here, in about one kilometre of my byakugan range". Hinata announced and Menma nodded, slightly expecting for her to blow up since they didn't found any trace but when she didn't, he loosened up a bit.

They both hopped from one tree to another as Hinata actively scouted the area, her legs trembling out of the fear of missing out even a single clue which might help in finding Sakura.

She fisted her hands to keep the tremble in control when she missed a footing on the tree branch, twisting her ankle as a nasty sound rang in the air and she fell down.

"Hinataaa!". Menma shouted upon hearing a weird sound only to find Hinata falling.

He quickly jumped into action, diving in to catch Hinata before she falls on the ground and gets a serious injury.

Hinata glanced up at the trees as she fell, had it been any other day this wouldn't have happened but today is different, she hasn't felt this much fear and stress that her mind keeps on imagining the worst scenarios making her loose focus.

She wasn't even trying to avoid being hit on the ground as she let her body fall. A part of her wanted to feel pain because she felt responsible for what is happening to Sakura, when something yellow flashed infront of her eyes before she was in the arms of the shinobi she loves.

Menma clutched Hinata tightly in his arms for this was first time he has truly felt fear of loosing someone other than his parents.

For a minute, he truly thought maybe he wouldn't be able to catch her in time, after all he's not as fast as his father as many people might like to compliment him with.

The sigh of relief which left Menma's lips even surprised him as he placed Hinata against the tree, inspecting her swollening foot.

"Does it hurt?". Menma asked ruggedly, and Hinata shook her head even though her face clearly expressed-pain.

"Well then! What's wrong with you? Your other body parts were working or were you planning to break them too! by letting yourself fall on the ground." Menma snapped, glaring at Hinata as she gulped because this was the first time she has seen Menma loose his cool or raise his voice on anyone, specially her.

After a intense glaring contest between Hinata and Menma, she apologized before suggesting, "Gomen! Gomen...I will pay more attention, now let's get back on the mission".

Menma shook his head, "Your leg is injured, we should probably head back". Hinata's eyebrows furrowed in anger, had this been some other time she would be swooning on the fact that he cares about her but this is important, finding anything related to Sakura's abductors is important.

"Well! Like you said, my other body parts are working so might as well put them in use". Hinata tried to stand up through the support of the tree behind her, only to stumble before Menma picked her up in a bridal style, making the angry kunoichi a blushing mess.