Chapter 3

VOTE AND COMMENT 📌

━━━𑁍━━━

"Sasuke-kun!". Sakura shouted from the balcony of her apartment and in a second, the raven-haired boy was in front of her.

Sakura looked him up and down with a concerning gaze because he hadn't slept a wink ever since the war started. Even she has got a little nap out of exhaustion but neither has he asked for a nap or slept.

He's like a tool, working twenty-four-seven even though she can sense, he is exhausted too.

"Nani?". Sasuke asked in his usual annoyed voice making the pinkette insecure about her choice of words already, "Aren't you going to take a rest? You hadn't slept a wink since the war".

Sasuke knew she was right but he can't afford to let his guard down in an unknown territory, especially where there is another Uchiha already, and if anyone saw him it will only arouse more suspension.

"Hn". He spoke before he went back to his hiding spot leaving a fuming Sakura behind, who thought that every Uchiha is trying her patience today.

Shanarooo!

"Sasuke-kun!!". She half shouted in the night and heard the rustling of some leaves before the Uchiha was in front of her again with a very annoyed look, "You. should. sleep!".

Sakura emphasized each word this time but Sasuke only gave her a nonchalant look as usual from which she was getting agitated already, "How will you recharge your rinnegan if you don't rest, Sasuke-kun!".

The worry in her voice made him feel bad but he didn't comment anything but awkwardly stood there on the balcony looking at the pink kunoichi's tension lines on her forehead.

"Nani?". She questioned uncertainly when she felt his unwavering gaze on her.

"I will sleep on the tree, you should go inside and rest". Sasuke was ready to go back to his hiding spot when Sakura immediately clasped his arm, halting his movements.

Had it been any other person or woman Sasuke would have felt uncomfortable under their touch but her touch never made him feel uncomfortable. It was as if his body only understands her touch, only feel peaceful under her warmth.

Uzumaki Karin would often touch him or try to be alone with him on various occasions, though he always acted like he doesn't care, he couldn't help but feel repulsed whenever she or any other person was near him or clutched onto his body.

However, the pinkette is different, always has been.

Her touch never bothered him neither did she! But he acted as it did.

He didn't want any connections because everyone he loved died, but his attempts to keep the pinkette at a bay failed when he fell in love with her as a genin and only admitted so while leaving the village to hide his subconscious. It pained him to leave Sakura alone on that bench that night but he was too deep in the clutches of revenge that he couldn't see anything else past it.

"Sleep inside, you'll get no rest on the tree. you might get body cramps sleeping there". Sakura tried reasoning with the stubborn Uchiha who has already made up his mind.

Somehow this situation made Sakura
reminisce the past when Sasuke left the village even after her pleas, even after she declared her love, he left.

It's quite funny how her feelings towards Sasuke changed. At first, she was obsessed with the idea of being with Sasuke just like everyone in the academy but slowly, slowly after going on missions with him, where some might even result in great injury. Her feelings toward Sasuke matured on a different level, it wasn't about being with him anymore when she understood the pain he had been suffering or the loneliness. She just wanted to be his cure and despite being a weak teammate in combat as a genin she never thought twice whenever it came to protecting Sasuke, even if it meant asking a boy under the influence of the curse mark to stop.

She took her chance even though she was ready to lose some bones too like the sound ninjas. But it never happened because he stopped, he heard her pleas, just for her.

The incident in the forest of death shaped both Sasuke and Sakura into something more than they would have expected. Sakura was no longer the girl who would do anything to get accepted by the Uchiha, but a determined kunoichi who didn't want to be left behind by either Naruto or Sasuke. She vowed to get stronger, so they don't have to put themselves in the line to save her.

But the sudden leave of Sasuke, left her disheartened to the point she lost hope in everything. She had seen the darkness inside of him that day, she knew that if he were to walk the path of one. He'll never return. She was ready to do anything, to stop him from traveling that path of darkness but she couldn't do anything.

But when she saw her teammate, Uzumaki Naruto covered in bandages yet filled with determination to bring back the lost boy, she saw hope too. Naruto gave her hope during the dark times as he has always done.

He's the sun in everyone's life.

The motivation to get stronger so Naruto won't have to get hurt made her push forward as she also knew, that one day her medical ninjutsu will save both of them whenever they fight each other again to death.

Everything she has done is for Naruto and Sasuke.

And she knows that her love won't be enough to bring back Sasuke, so she did what she could do best, became a strong kunoichi for the both of them.

"Hn". The stubborn Uchiha agreed in his usual tone as he followed the shocked pinkette inside her house.

━━━━━━

A/N: I don't hate Karin nor am I spreading hate towards her character but only writing some facts. She's very kind when it comes to helping others for eg. When Sasuke was going to kill Sakura, Karin was dying yet she cared more about an unknown person and begged Sasuke to stop. Though the only thing I never liked about her, was how she always used to think of a way to harass him in alone places🌚

Ps. I fucking wish that everyone in the fandom understood her character but they're just clowns following the sheep in the trend to hate on Sakura.

IG: @theiawrites

━━━━━━

🌸 FOLLOW FOR MORE 🌸

━━━━━━