CHAPTER - 3

Steve walked into the mansion, the guards let him through, and everyone greeted him as he marched towards the door, before going any further he stood there watching Nancy as she is the only person who will have answers to his question "is Master awake?" he asked, Nancy looked up at him holding the plates in her hands, confused as there were no orders about the arrival.

Nancy puts the plates down at the table looking at him "yes it's been a while, he's in his study," she says pointing at the door.

"okay"

Before he could leave "there was no notice about your arrival today Mr. Hawks" Nancy said looking at him.

Steve was not expecting this, well definitely not from the caretaker "this, umm- it was a last-minute thing and somewhat a personal favor so I couldn't inform about it beforehand" he tried his level best to give a satisfactory answer to her.

"okay," she says walking inside the kitchen.

"Hey! you lady! I am master's secretary! don't interview me like that!" Steve couldn't hide how upset he was, but he couldn't take that to Zeus, he calmed himself and walked to the door, and knocked before entering the room. He looked around and saw Zeus talking on his phone. Zeus looked at him and motioned him to sit.

"yes, call me even if it's something minor" Zeus says before disconnecting the call and getting to Steve.

It's been a year since Zeus made any public appearance, he's been healing after the loss of his mother. Cancer couldn't let her live, he was not ready to let her go, but does that really matter? He flew to the US with his mother from Mexico, but no one could help her, and was left with guilt, which was eating him alive.

Steve stood there, waiting for him to complete the call to report him about Drake. Zeus walked to his chair and settled down "what is it, Steve?" he asks, looking at him. Steve walked closer to the table "Master, it's about Drake" he said coming forward and placing the file on the table Zeus narrowed his eyes looking at him puzzled "he is getting married" Steve says opening the file on the table "and?" Zeus was still confused as to what he possibly might have to do with Drake's wedding.

"Master your brother called this morning asking a favor"

"My brother? Why?" Zeus is shocked as his brother rarely calls him let alone asks a favor from him.

"He asked you to help the bride"

"Bride? which bride?"

"Drake's bride, the bride is being forced to marry him, and she happens to be your brother's friend and he wants you to help him"

"are you sure??"

"Yes master, he was supposed to be here this morning but due to the meetings, he is afraid he won't be able to make it in time, and asked you to go in his place and end the wedding"

Zeus looks at the files, reading them attentively "he's also been involved with human trafficking" he says looking at the file.

"yes, Master, he was warned a couple of times, but he doesn't stop"

Zeus closed the file and looks at Steve "well, I guess it is time to cut him off" he says getting up from his chair. Nancy knocked on the door "Master, breakfast is ready"

"okay" Zeus grabs the files "let's eat" he says and walks out of the study.

The table was filled with fruits, sandwiches, juice, scrambled eggs, bread, and french toast, Zeus settled down on the middle chair and Steve followed him to the dining table and sat beside him.

"when's the wedding?" Zeus asks, taking a bite of the sandwich "Today, noon" Steve says quickly gulping the juice through his throat. Zeus nods his head looking at the watch on his wrist "let's go then" he says getting up from his chair.

Steve followed him and the guards looked at each other in shock, looking at Zeus walking towards his car. They couldn't believe their eyes but quickly followed him to his car.

Steve was shocked too, as he was not expecting it to be easy to convince him, but sibling favors really work.

**********

Zeus reached the venue, and everything was prepared from flowers to food and the guards stood there watching every entrance to the venue.

Steve steps out of the car, to make sure the surroundings were safe for Zeus to step out of the car and the guards guard near the car for him.

Zeus looks out of the car through the window without him realizing it, he pulled the window glasses down to look at the girl walking inside the venue. He got out of the car and walked closer to the venue following her and the guards. "Master" one of the guards calls him "stay here!" Zeus ordered and he didn't move.

Zeus didn't want anyone to follow him, he walked inside the venue and searched for her everywhere but couldn't find her.

Steve came running to Zeus, worried as people here don't know him yet and that might be dangerous for him. "Master" Zeus looks at Steve "I remember telling not to follow me" he says reminding him "I'm sorry master, but it is about your safety"

Zeus was already upset as he couldn't find her and Steve was getting on his nerves "you can do whatever you want with the wedding, I'm leaving!" Zeus says walking out of the venue "but Mas-" Steve couldn't believe himself, he really thought Zeus was going to stay and help.

Zeus walked out of the venue to the car and a smile formed on his face by just looking at the car "found you!" 

***Please like, comment and share***