11 | Expectations

Right before I close my eyes
The only thing that's on my mind
Been dreamin' that you feel it too
I wonder what it's like to be loved by you

-Wonder,
SHAWN MENDES

Humans can be patient at times but you better not test it

"What's wrong with you?" Atharv asked as he stopped abruptly causing her to bump at his back.

"Me?" Grace pointed at herself to emphasize her words, even looking behind her as if he was referring to the nonexistent wall behind her.

"Yes, you," he responded. "You've been awfully quiet for good ten minutes."

Grace rolled her eyes. "We've been walking for like an hour now. I told you we should take left but your stubborn ass had to take the wrong route and," she ranted before patting his arm. "Congratulations! We're lost again."

"Do you trust me?" He whispered.

"Not at all," she was blunt in replying and all he did was sigh.

"You can actually leave if you think I am taking you the wrong way."

"Gladly," she bowed at him before turning on her heels and walked away.

The curly haired girl yelped in surprise when she felt a sudden tug at the back of her bag. She was jerked backwards only to find Atharv watching her, his golden gaze remaining on hers steadily.

"Stay," he lowered his voice slightly.

"Beg me," she said, narrowing her eyes to watch.

Atharv closed his eyes, knowing well that she won't move an inch if she didn't get what she asked for. "Please... stay," he murmured, opening his eyes, his tone one of irritation.

A smug smile made its way on Grace's face. Yes, she was petty or whatever the hell you want to call her.

They again continued to walk in silence. The newly clothed trees rose as white fairytale beings in that wintry landscape, for the grey clouds had bequeathed a bounty of snow.

"You enjoy my company, don't you?" She broke the silence, looking up with a sly smile to see Atharv watching her intently.

He replied plainly. "No, you're annoying."

"Why? I am adorable," she mocked, the dimples on one of her cheeks flashing. He scowled at her in reply but it only made her smile widen into a grin.

"Sure you are," he blurted, startling himself too.

Grace rose an inquisitive eyebrow at him, a smile playing on her lips. "Did I hear that right?"

"No, you're deaf," he was quick in replying. She thought apparently her words triggered some of the blood vessels to rise to his cheeks.