8 | Devil

And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways
Maybe just the touch of a hand

-Thinking out Loud,
ED SHEERAN

"I suspect that you are in fact responsible for the disappearance of my father

"I suspect that you are in fact responsible for the disappearance of my father."

His words caught her off guard and she stopped dead in her track.

"Why would you think that?" Grace said, eyes widening slightly.

"You see I know you quite alot than you even know and it can't be a coincidence that you came to my house on the day when my father went missing," Atharv explained, turning to look at her.

Disbelief taking over her feature. "You think I kidnapped your father?"

"The key word is suspect," he stated, his hands still in his pockets. "There's only one percent possibility. And if you have nothing to do with this matter, then I am sure we could be good friends in future."

"Friends?" She scoffed. "Wait- we can actually be friends. And as much as I know Friends share their secrets with each other. How about you share your secrets with me?"

It was not like he would tell her anything but trying once won't hurt, would it?

"Sure," Atharv brushed his thumb over his lower lips, his voice appeared smooth and alluring to her.

The young woman blinked taken aback. Did he really fall into my trap? She had her devilish way of convincing and manipulating people. But when it came to him, she was a bit unsure.

Because he was not a angel himself. It was visible in his eyes when he spoke. He surely had a devil hiding inside that facade what people called 'morals'.

When choosing between devil and angel, she'd rather be with the devil than the angel because her presence only brings miseries and destruction.

The angel was too pure for it while the devil enjoyed others' miseries.

"You are right. We should share our secrets with each other. Why don't you go first then?" He said with a slight lift in his lips, mischief gleaming in his brown eyes and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"No," she spatted.

"But you-"

"No."

"You said that-"

"No."

"We are fr-"

"No."

"But-"

"No!" Grace got agitated that was clearly visible in her voice.

"You never change." The bitterness in his voice, surprised her. "In this way, you are just confirming my suspicion." Atharv looked into the girl's eyes, his eyes were nothing but specks of emotions that she couldn't decipher. "You know where my father is."