3 | Cute

Everytime I look into your eyes

I see my paradise

The stars are shining right up in the sky

Fainty words of desire.

-Surili Akhiyon Wale,
RAHAT FATEH ALI

Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise

But fortunately Grace is a woman so she was still hibernating under the blanket.

All of a sudden something heavy fell on her head and she shot up. Books?

The pain in her head flashed hard. She sat up hurriedly, a bit too hurriedly that her head hit the headboard of the bed. Her vision black out for a second, but she regained her sight quickly.

The sunlight coming in through the slit between the dark curtains. She realized that she forgot to take off her coat last night. Her long hair tangled with one another, making her look like a lion.

Grace saw the familiar dark interior of the room and a familiar male figure standing in front of her.

Rubbing her eyes to fully awake her, she found herself locking eyes with his dark ones and he tilted his head to side, a little bit too attractively. His hair was disheveled, like he had been running his hand through it.

Atharv stood silent for a few moment, only looking at her with such an intense gaze that Grace almost looked away. Almost.

"I owed you this," he said, referring to the books.

The brown-haired girl looked up at his words. Her brow furrowed and leg criss-crossed. She was throwing daggers in his direction, a muscle in her jaw jumped as she gritted her teeth.

She wanted to take her pistol out of her bag and shoot Atharv right there. But she didn't. She didn't want to reveal her identity to him yet.

"You-" Grace began but stopped when a slender long finger made its way to her lips. She looked away from him.

"Save it," he said in his rich, husky voice. "The breakfast is ready."

She was about to snap but not wanting to appear as a thankless person, she remained quiet. Staying away from the people she called family due to her work, this was after a long time that someone cooked for her. She used to live with Ray and he was useless. A feeling of homesickness rushed through her.

Besides she had a strange liking for men who can cook. Maybe they could get along well.

Grace craned her neck to look at Atharv, who walked out of the room, shutting the door behind him.