Part Seventeen - 'Quite the night'

A/N: HEY EVERYONE! This chapter is strictly a locker room scene cause I know how much we all love the locker room banter! Hope everyone's enjoying their week, I know 5x03 left us hanging and a bit upset but let's hope for an interesting 5x04!
Enjoy!
- Kate 💜
————————————————————————————

(Chris' POV)

The rest of the weekend passed in a blur, Tan's wedding a happy memory, Monday came and it was time for Street to return to field work.

Finally he was back with 20-squad, with his family.

And with our team back together, the underlying secret that Street and I were also together, it had my heart pumping a mile a minute, with the highs and lows of what this day could bring.

We obviously knew we had to maintain our professional front, but there is so much unpredictability with our job, you never know what could happen.

With Sanchez still new to running as 20-David, we had to build our dynamic again, as Hondo says we have to treat him like family.

We were still warming up to that.

I'd entered HQ that morning with an earlier start, my brain in overdrive hoping Street's first day back in field goes smoothly.

I mean, I was still surprised he'd been given the all clear to return to physical work so quickly, and he had been pushing himself hard to be ready over the previous months, even I had to admit his body was in a level of fitness I hadn't ever seen him in.

After a session of boxing with the bag, blowing off steam, I'd showered and dressed in my general uniform.

I'd been sat on the bench in front of my locker as I laced by boots when Tan walked through the door.

"Morning Chris", Tan greeted and made his way past myself to his locker, opened the door and placed his phone on the shelf.

I lifted my head to respond, laces tied, my elbows rested on my thighs, "Morning, how'd the rest of your weekend play out?" I asked, curious to see how Tan and his new bride held up after the big celebration.

Tan chuckled, "It was incredible, we'd been waiting so long to celebrate with everyone and we had the best time", he answered, and looked down to where I was sat, "I didn't get to say goodbye to you or the guys and thank you for coming, I guess we were just too caught up in the moment".

"Hey, it was your night, you were allowed to take it all in", I smiled.

"How about you, did you enjoy yourself?", Tan asked and raised his eyebrows.

"Uh, yeah, definitely! There was a point I had to bow myself out, I'm pretty sure I had way too much to drink. Street ended up having to give me a ride home", I answered, shook my head and looked down at my boots.

"Yeah, you must have, cause I remember hearing you and Street had quite the night too", Tan added.

My eyes shot back up to Tan's at his comment, "what do you mean?".

Tan smiled, "Well, between the dancing, which I still couldn't believe with my own eyes, and hearing from my cousin at our post wedding brunch yesterday that someone tried to pick a fight with you guys at the bar?".

I blew out a breath through my nose, to cover the instant nerves that sat in my chest.

Had Tan been watching Street and I dance together? Did Tan's cousin also hear what Street said to that disgusting man.

I quickly replaced my worry with a smirk, "yeah, well, I'm allowed to have fun every once in while, and that guy at the bar-", I'd started but Luca had now pushed his way through the locker room door loudly, interrupting my train of thought.

"Hey hey, people, who's ready for a kick ass day to follow up that weekend?", Luca hollered as he walked behind the bench, and brought himself over to Tan and gave him a fist bump, "congrats, again man!".

I stood back up at that point, leant down and adjusted my thigh holster slightly to ensure it was correctly buckled.

Tan and Luca made small talk between themselves, our conversation over for now. I did not expect Tan to come straight out with that, my mind still reeling about what I was going to tell him had happened, I honestly hadn't really thought about it.

Street was the next person to arrive in the locker room, his eyes found mine first, the biggest grin plastered over his mouth.

That same mouth that spent the night of the wedding and all of Sunday with me, showering me in kisses and love. How can he have so much control over me?  

I involuntarily brought my lower lip between my teeth as I took him in. Man, did I really enjoy our weekend, it's too bad we couldn't make it public right now, cause my self control is dwindling.

He made his way toward his locker between myself and my own locker, his jacket sleeve brushed against my torso as he attempted to squeeze past, "hey" he nodded toward me, I nodded in response.

"Hey, look, today's the day people, 20- Squad is officially all back together!", Luca chimed in and climbed over the bench to fist bump Street.

Street then passed by Tan, clamping his hand on his shoulder with a pat, "Hey, congratulations Tan, hope you enjoyed your night".

"Of course, thank you all for coming to celebrate, it seemed like it was a rewarding night for everybody", Tan joked.

Street smirked at Tan's statement, "oh really? What did I miss?", he asked.

From my position in front of my locker, I saw Tan's eyes then follow over to me and back to Street, and shrugged his shoulders and leant down to reach for his boots in his locker, "never mind".

Over Tan, Street's eyes found mine and his eyebrows furrowed at Tan's cryptic conversation. I shrugged my own shoulders in return, dismissing the silent talk as a Tan stood back up.

Oh he was definitely trying to tell us that he knew something. Why else would he be acting this way. I remember him watching Street and I for our reactions at the wedding too.

I'll have to find time to talk to Street alone, see if he thinks Tan's on to us as well.

——————————————————————————
This chapter was shorter than the previous ones but I wanted to keep it as it's own chapter. Hope you enjoyed this and don't forget to vote and comment 💜

Stris - SWAT जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें