Part Four - 'Miss T-LI'

A/N: still counting down the days til season 5 premieres! Please enjoy! - Kate 🦋

———————————————————————————
Chris POV:

We spent an hour or so briefly explaining to Street a few of the new techniques Luca and I were taught in Germany, with every tactic being like an exciting new toy we couldn't wait to share with the team and our SWAT department.

"....and the T-LI organisation told us we could implement these into our training as soon as we were back on next shift, we can't wait to show the team", Luca rambled on, but stopped his excitement to let out a loud yawn.

"Guess it's time to give you a ride home Chris so I can finally get some shut eye", Luca said standing up from where he was situated on the couch.

I was sat on the floor, my back was lent against the front of the couch, my head turned up to look at the roof, "I suppose the same for me as well, it's been a long three months", I sigh.

Street spoke up then, "Luca, I can give Chris a ride, I mean I have to head into HQ anyway for some paperwork, you go ahead and get some sleep".

I turned my head upright toward Street on the opposite couch to meet his eyes and gave him a small smile.

"Thanks, man. I appreciate it, you can take my truck", Luca patted Street on the shoulder as he walked past him.

"I'll see you on Monday, Chris", Luca told me, heading toward his bedroom.

"Yep, see you then", I said.

Now Street and I were alone in the living room, just silently watching each other for a moment, before Street lifted himself from the couch and extended his hand to me.

"Let's get you home" Street said, as I took his hand, he pulled me up from the floor with more force than I anticipated and I collided straight into his abdomen.

Street hissed in pain and he grabbed onto my arm to steady me, I took an immediate step back and apologised, "I'm sorry Street, I didn't realise....." but before I could finish my sentence he was laughing.

He was joking. He could be an ass sometimes.

"I'm fine Chris, really!" Street said, resting his other palm against my upper arm. He lent his head down to look at my face, which I had lowered after he played the trick on me.

I finally lifted my head to see his face, that same face that would keep me up at night, being the only thing I dreamt of.

His lifted brow questioned what I was going to say to him, my expression still sour at his joke.

"Are you really feeling okay? You would tell me if you weren't, right?" I asked him, my eyes locked onto his own, they shone with humour and didn't seem to show any concern.

Street's eyes flickered back between mine and my lips, his face had now inched closer to my own.

"Chris, if I didn't feel I was healing properly, you'd be the first to know", he said, bringing his hand up and tucking the loose hair strands on my cheek, behind my ear, his fingers lingering there.

"But I am healing properly, and this is me letting you know that for the tenth time as well", Street added with a grin, then stealing a quick kiss before he stepped around me to grab Luca's keys to the truck from the coffee table.

"Let's go, Miss T-LI" he chuckled and waited for me to join him at the front door.

———————————————————————————