38.

A'nori Stone
January 3rd
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's finally a new year. It's freezing out and I hate the winter.

I love my life right now though.

Zuki's almost due and I can't wait to babysit. Jonah brung me to come to this breakfast place to eat all the cinnamon rolls and frappes I wanted to. It's mostly empty because no one gets up earlier than Jonah fucking Taylor, I wanted to lay hands on him so bad this morning when he woke me up but you know I'm growing.

He's boring as hell because all he got is a latte and maple syrup oatmeal. He's holding my hand softly across the booth with his face in his phone and my feet are in his lap. My furry Crocs are currently under the table, I have like a hundred pair.

They're literally so comfy.

"Jonah?" I whisper softly, leaning forward

He lifts his head, giving me his full attention and does the same "A'nori?"

"Wanna go day drinking?" I ask him in the most serious tone I could muster because I'm still in my pink matching pajama's set

I'm bullshitting unless....

"I would love to wake up next to you with a hangover again, but I can't love. Grey's getting his wisdom tooth pulled and we get to babysit him for the next couple of hours."

"When the fuck did we agree to that?" I scrunch my eyebrows up and sit back

"A month ago today because that's exactly when he booked the appointment"

Look at him not being Dory

"You know your brother is already like 10 so this shit is going to make him like 3." I pause looking at him seriously "You know that right?" I let go of his hand and fold mines together and lean towards him

"Yeah and to be honest I wish I was way less aware." he drops his phone to run his hands right through his soft hair "Hopefully the missing teeth in his mouth will make him want to be more quiet"

"I love Grey down but let's be serious." I tell him talking with my hands, trying to hide my smile

He smiles back at me and sighs "You're right, I'm gonna let that go right now. I've never been that lucky in life."

"You really should anywho, how much time do we have left to burn?" He checks his watch and it's on the same wrist he's resting on my foot now

"About 45 minutes."

"Including drive time?"

"Yes love" I roll my eyes because he's trying to be sarcastic

But really I have to ask because I understand men are stupid, well not really they just play incompetent. Mines tend to seem like he using his brain daily because I'm surely not gonna think for him but it doesn't hurt to check every once in awhile.

I slip my feet in my crocs and zip up my coat "I don't wanna be here anymore"

I slide out the booth, walk to the front and push the door open. I lift my head to look at the sky and it's currently snowing and the snow just went away about a day ago. Looks like we're gonna be snowed in again.

"You should really stop just getting up and wandering around." He tells me appearing behind me

I turn my head to look up into his eyes and I swear they look so glossy "I really didn't wander" 

He put his beanie back on and it's pink to match his sweater, but in reality I think he secretly loves matching me.

"I hate that you don't wear actual shoes when it's snowing" he grabs my hand to walk me to the car and I scoff