9.

Jonah Taylor
July 3rd
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I check my watch and see that I have 17 minutes left until the meeting. I don't hear A'nori for at least 7 whole minutes and I get skeptical. Because she never stops talking for that long, even if I tell her to. I get up and realize she's asleep on my couch.

I start to contemplate whether I should wake her or not. She looks peaceful and she has a hangover. So I'll just lock the door, since I'm the only one with the key. But then I think about me not being the only one with the key. I don't trust anybody to just leave her in here alone, I'll just call Grey he owes me any way.

I put the phone to my ear and it's starts ringing. He picks up and thankfully he's only up the hall. "Grey come down to my office" I say before I hang up the phone

He swings my door open "What?" He asks furrowing his eyebrows

"I need you to stay in here with A'nori until she wakes up" I say moving her shoes behind my desk and taking out the AirPod in my ear that's still playing through her playlist.

"Why? And since when do you let people stay in your office?" He says making a thinking face pausing for a second

While he's talking, I take the AirPod out of her ear and realize that her ear is cold. I touch her hands and so are they, in the middle of summer. She shifts in her sleep so I move away from her, she's a light sleeper. I call Adonis to get me a heated blanket from downstairs.

"Because I don't trust anyone in this building to just lock her in here and since right now." I stress wanting him to understand

"You like her?" Is his final conclusion

"Stop asking so many questions." I say to him while gathering my stuff for the meeting

I don't answer his question because I don't have an answer honestly.

I like her presence so she can stay if she wants.

"Don't leave this fucking office until she does. I'm serious Grey" I say sternly

"Calm down, I won't leave your pretty girlfriend alone" he says with his voice dancing in amusement, like this is a some type of joke.

He's a child in a mans body.

"You're so stupid, you heard what I said. Don't make a lot of noise, I'll be back." I say as I closing the door looking at A'nori one last time.

What the hell is happening to me
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I get off the elevator and start coming down the hall from that long dreadful meeting. Hopefully Adonis got that blanket to A'nori. She was freezing, just as I'm walking I stop in my tracks.

Why the fuck do I even care? I shouldn't.

I continue walking and chop it down to common human decency. When I know it's more than that because I don't care about anybody even this much. And I only care about her a small amount, we only met like a month ago.

But I'm inviting her into my fucked up life so quickly.

I pinch the bridge of my nose and open my door. Grey was on the other end of the couch sleeping with A'nori. Now I have not one, but two children to take care of. I sit in my chair and grab a book off my shelf. I take all my rings off because of the way they feel against the pages. For me it is the equivalent of scratching your nails on the chalkboard.

I turn my head to look at my clock on the wall and it's 9pm.

I'm hungry.

I only ate like 5 minutes before A'nori came in with my terrible excuse for a father. I don't know why he's playing nice with her but it's gonna piss me off. All I know is he better not make her uncomfortable or try to fuck her, like he does with every other girl that comes in his path.