85 - ITS RAINING SOMEWHERE ELSE.

(FRISK POV)

"Uh, sure actually. Dinner sounds great."

"You guys go ahead, I'm going to wait in the lobby."

"Not hungry, Chars?" Chara was most definitely hungry.

"Nah, I just... I need some space, I'll see you when you're done." Chara, despite her tone, didn't look sad at all. Perhaps she really did just need space.

"Okay. I love you." That earned a smile.

"Yo también te quiero." God, every time Chara talks to me like that in Spanish, it makes me just want to... I waved away the thought as Chara walked through the doors of the establishment. I went to follow, but sans stopped me.

"over here." sans started to move towards the alley on the opposite side from Catty and Beatty's garbage store. "i know a shortcut." I followed sans for only a few seconds before, in literally the blink of an eye, sans and I were sitting in a fancy dinner place inside MTT Resort.

The only reason I knew we were inside, was because everything from the floor, to the table, even the silverware was decorated with Mettaton motifs.

"well," sans spoke in his iconic lowercase font. "here we are."

     "... I doubt this is just about dinner." sans nodded.

     "so." sans looked at me. He looked agreeable and nonchalant as always, but there was still that barely noticeable tinge of distrust in his eyes... well, he didn't have eyes, but the glowing dots he had that functioned as so. "your journey's almost over, huh?"

     "I... guess so. I don't really know how much farther we have to go to reach King Asgore's Castle."

     "not far." sans said. "just past the CORE, and you'll find it towards the back of new home. speaking of which, you must really want to go home."

     "I... I don't think I can." sans continued to stare at me. "I-I mean I could if wanted to. Humans have the ability to cross the barrier, if I'm correct. But..." Against proper fancy-restaurant-etiquette, I put my elbows on the table. "Knowing what you, all of you have gone through in the past... however many centuries... the pain you all have endured at the hands of humans... the pain Chara's gone through." I looked down at my hands. Over the past six or seven months, my skin has gotten slightly paler from the lack of sunlight. I guess I more resemble the color of gold than tan, now. "This war. All these misunderstandings. Everything. Wether I convince King Asgore to call off the war front, or..." I couldn't muster up the ability to say 'Or die trying'. "It ends with me."

     "hey. i know the feeling, buddo. though... maybe sometimes its better to take what's given to you." sans shrugged. "down here, you've already got food, drink, friends... is what you have to do... really worth it?"

     "..." I thought about what might happen if I failed to convince Asgore. Would he kill me? Would I leave Chara behind? Would I, in face of certain death, choose a surface that doesn't care about me over my new friends and loved ones, just to survive?... I didn't want to know the answer. sans shifted in his parka.

     "ah, forget it." For the first time in what feels like forever, sans gave me a genuine smile. "im rootin' for ya, kid." I couldn't help but smile back.

     "Heh, it's funny. Less than 3 months ago, we were mortal enemies, now you're sitting at the same overpriced table as me, giving me words of encouragement." sans looked over at some nearby potted plants.

     "youre right." sans chuckled. "that is funny." We were silent for a while. "hey. let me tell you a story." The music picked up. "so im a sentry in snowdin forest, right? i sit out there and watch for humans. its kind of boring."