81 - SPIDER'S DEN

(FRISK POV)

I walked into Muffet's cottage. The living room was small, only having a couch and a busted-up TV. The kitchen was a bit larger, and was filled with all sorts of baking implements. In between the two rooms was a spiral staircase, leading to the upstairs.

"Set him down on the couch, dearie. Oh, and make yourself at home! Ahuhu~" Muffet went off to find medical supplies. I rested Chara's head on my lap, so that his back wouldn't bloody the couch. His hair is really soft. The small room was decorated with lots of pictures of what looks to be Muffet's kids. Lots of old-timey signs were hung up around. 'Donuts, hot and fresh! Only 25g!' 'Home is where the Spider-Pie is!' Et cetera.

"I think I did a good thing back there, what do you think Chars?" He didn't respond, but it still felt nice to ask. After a few more minutes, Muffet came back down with what looked to be a few jawbreakers covered in webs.

"Here, just put one of these in his mouth, and his wounds will heal right up!" Muffet looked off to the side. "S-Sorry about the trouble, dear."

"N-No, no! It's fine, we've been through much worse. He just needs rest." I rubbed his back. It's healing. Muffet covered her mouth.

"I could not imagine what you have been through, I am so sorry!"

"It's fine." I lied. "I mean, my existence is a crime, so I can't expect everything to go smoothly. Haha..." Muffet put her hand on my shoulder.

"You are always welcome here. Asgore will take one look at you, and he'll have to let you go." Muffet looked down at Chara. "My, my. I didn't notice it at first, but I never thought I'd have Prince Chara in my establishment."

"Yeah. And before you ask, yes he did die... but he's back now, as a Monster. That whole... experience... is the worse stuff I was talking about."

"Oh dear. I hope you two are happy together."

"Oh, we are! I..." I brushed the hair out of Chara's eyes. "I couldn't be happier. He cares so much about me..." I wiped the tears out of my eyes. "S-sorry."

"I remember what it was like to be young and in love."

     "Ma? Wait! Is that the human?!" One of Muffet's kids was spying on us from the staircase. As I glanced over at her, she ran upstairs. "GUYS THE HUMAN IS HERE!!!" 7 children quickly ran down the stairs and attempted to tackle me. Luckily, Muffet put her hand up and everyone froze.

     "Frisk, the Human, is a welcome gust in our home." Muffet crossed her arms.

     "But Ma-" The oldest one spoke up.

     "No buts! She has given us enough money to not only reunite the spider clans, but also to feed us for a century." They all gasped. The oldest ran back up the stairs. A little boy with spiky brown hair walked up to me.

     "F-Fank yew..." My fragile heart feels like it's going to burst, dear lord this boy is just the most adorable thing I've ever seen.

     "R-Really, it's fine! Back on the surface, when I was really young... my family couldn't really afford food. The only food we had was in the garden, and even that wasn't doing too well... the point being, I can't stand to see any of you suffer what I had to go through."

     "That's... really admirable." The gray-haired kid crossed her arms. "I apologize for her," she gestured to the upstairs. "She wants to be in the Royal Guard, and she has it in her brain that all Humans must perish.... Ever since Charolette left, she's put it on herself that she needs to be the mature one."