🏵️ Chapter 15🏵️: Our first disagreement.

Start from the beginning

  This time he was standing right in front of me. His eyes looking down at me from where I stood and suddenly, I felt intimidated about my height.

  "No" I gathered courage to tell him to his face.

I saw his knuckles turn white and his face drained with blood and there was not even a single piece of compassion in his eyes.

"I tried explaining to you already, that I wasn't cheating on you. I never did and I never will. I understand that the picture on the internet were edited and I'm sorry for giving them the chance but you're taking this thing to far". I explained to him, hoping he can cool down.

"Eleanora, hand me the letter!"

"I am not! Stop trying to control me, Dure. I'm your wife, not your slave!" That sentence made his nose flare!

Suddenly, Dure held my arm and literally threw me to the extent my back hit the wall hard.

Before I could even recover from the impact of the hit, he held the wrist holding the letter tightly and firmly.

"You're hurting me" I said in pain.

"Let this be the last time you challenge my authority. The next time you try this, it wouldn't be a pretty scenario!" He warned sternly before taking the letter from my hand and literally threw my hand away. He started walking away.

"Why are you being so violent because of my ex?" I asked him before he held the door handle. His hand fell from the doorknob.

He looked at me, his eyes throwing daggers at me. He said nothing, he just opened the door and walked away, leaving me to nurse my hand.

  I looked at my hand and saw the bold red mark on my hand. I held my wrist as I sat on the bed.

  Seems Dure is really mad at me. He always gets violent when I expose my body to other men or even get close to other men in private. But how do I get it into the skull of this guy that I wasn't cheating on him?

  I sighed deeply. Today had been a really emotionally hectic day. From the news of my father's death, to the death of Ezra, to the stupid paparazzi problem and my angry husband. I was emotionally tired. I just laid on the bed. I guess I forgot all about my physical body until now because no sooner had I hit the pillow did I doze off.

__________________________✍️

    "Mary. Mary" I whispered as I shaked her gently. She squinted her eyes open.

  "What?" She said sleepily.

  "Mary". I whispered again shaking her more vigourously than before. She forced her eyes opened, then her eyes landed on me, giving me a hot glare.

When she finally realized that I was the one waking her, she gasped, got out of bed and fell on her knees.

  "Your highness, I'm so sorry. I didn't realize you were the one". She apologized but that was the list of my problem. I helped her to stand up and sat her down on her bed before I sat beside her.

She immediately stood up and at first I was scared that there was something on her bed, so I stood up to. But she gave a slight bow and said "Your highness, my bed is of low quality. I'm afraid you might not like it".

"Is that why you stood up all of a sudden?!" I asked her. She looked at me like I was a strange creature.

"Sit down" I said, forcing her to her to sit on her bed.  I brought out the book and pen and sat beside her. She stood up and knelt down again.

"What is it, this time?" I asked her.

"Mary is just a lowly maid. She dares not sit beside you". Mary said, looking at the floor.