𝐆𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀 𝐅𝐀𝐕𝐎𝐑

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Get in." She instructed Nicholas, hurrying inside the room and closing the door shut behind her.

"What was she telling you?"

"Not important." Callisto briefly answered, sitting on the desk and dipping the purple feathered quill into the black ink pot. " We have a wedding to stop."

"No shit." Nicholas grumpily mumbled, pacing up and down the room. "What are you writing? This is not the time to flirt with that Lupin kid, Callie."

And with that, he tore the parchment of her hand, skimming though the messily scribbled letter. His eyebrows furrowed together as read the first few lines, not really understanding how Callisto's solution could be linked to a petty favor. The look in his eyes soon turned into one of pure and utter horror, every bone and muscle in his body screaming for him to shake the insanity off her body.

"Absolutely not."

"Too bad you don't have a say in this."

"This is just insane, Callisto!" He exclaimed, shaking his head. Callisto could hear the anger in his voice, but there simply was no other way. It only made sense that if you fought fire with fire, you'd have to fight danger with danger too.

"Nicholas," She called, sternly looking at him. "I know what I'm doing."

"I hope you do." He stated, pointing at the letter. "Or else this is your death pact."

If it is, then so be it...

~ ~ ~

Sirius.
I think I have found a way to stop the wedding but I need your help.

When you come for the wedding, please bring me some werewolf venom. You should be able to find some in Knockturn Alley.

Consider this one of my favors.
Callisto.

"She knows!"

"How could she know?" James questioned, looking up at Remus. "Besides, if she knew why would she tell us to go to Knockturn Alley."

"Maybe she's playing with us." Remus anxiously proposed, pacing up and down the room. The moment the words left his mouth, he regretted them. Callisto wasn't the most empathetic person, but she wouldn't go as far as joking about something like that. If she knew, she would either shut up about it or she would come and talk to him upfront and personal. "What does she even need that for?"

"Isn't it lethal in high doses?" Peter's voice perked up from the bed, stopping all other noises in the room. Instinctively, they all looked at Remus, expecting that he would make a comment along the lines of "No, Peter, that's a common misconception."

That never happened. Instead, Remus nodded slowly, "Yeah..."

"She probably needs it for a potion or something." James muttered, hoping that it wasn't what they were all thinking off. "You know how she gets with her creepy stuff."

"Sounds like something she would ask for." Sirius pondered, running a hand through his hair. "Either way we're keeping an eye on her."

"She won't like that." Remus commented, sitting back on the bed.

"Non-attending, shitty people don't get to comment." James grumpily mumbled. Remus rolled his eyes, not bothering to respond. It had been like this ever since he announced that he didn't want to go to the wedding and even though he was increasingly tired of the commentary, it wasn't enough to change his mind. It was sick, honestly. He'd have to sit and pretend he was happy for her when she strolled down the aisle all dressed up for that random guy even though he felt like yelling at all of them about how truly wrong the situation was. Whether the guys wanted to admit it or not, by going there they were condoning this madness and he couldn't just do that even if it was for Callisto's pretty eyes.

"Then I'll keep the comments to myself then." He responded, annoyance seeping through his voice.

"You're impossible." Peter chimed in, shaking his head. "Nobody agrees with this, but imagine how hard it is for her."

"This is exactly why I won't be attending."

"You're selfish." Sirius stated, his words cutting through Remus' skin. "Why are you looking at me like that? It's true. You're a selfish prick."

"Excuse me?"

"You heard me, Remus." Sirius said a bit louder. "You're selfish and a prick. You slept with her every week and now that she's in trouble, she's just a stranger to you? How many times has she helped us? How many times has she been there for you and why is it so damn hard for you to do the same for her?"

"What is it to you?" Remus retorted, his jaw clenching in annoyance. "Do you like her or something?"

"You're stupid." Sirius blurted out, running a hand through his hair. "Merlin, if anyone has a crush on her, it's you! We're literally just trying to help you."

"I don't have a crush on her." Remus stubbornly muttered. "But even if I did, it wouldn't matter."

"In that case." James sighed, rolling his eyes. "If anyone in here has a crush on Callisto, it would be a great idea for them to go to the wedding."

"Hypothetically." Peter quickly added.

"Just for the sake of the argument."

"Way to make it less targeted." Remus sarcastically remarked, folding the letter and putting it in his pocket. "I'll go get the poison for her. Is that any better?"

"Will you have a love letter somewhere in there?"

Peter nodded, "Hypothetically speaking."

"No." Remus sternly answered, earning three groans in return. "And for the last time, I don't have a crush on her."

They didn't even seem to notice his response, not even with another round of exaggerated groans. Remus sighed, feeling the certainty in his brain become foggier as he touched the parchment in his pocket. He immediately shifted his focus away from Callisto, not really wanting to doubt his decision further on.

No, he was sure.

Joining the wedding would be a recipe for disaster.