CHAPTER 1| A New Fountain

You wake up in a cold, dark, silent place. You try to think what happened but the last thing you can remember is falling asleep to the sound of the tv. You get up and start looking around but the only thing you can see is a sign saying "This way to --- ->" the last word seems to be smudged out, you try reading it but it's smudged too even guess what the first letter is. Not knowing where it leads, you decide to go the way the arrow is pointing as it's better not knowing where the other directions lead and Susie might have gone that way when she wakes up.

It felt like you were walking for hours, just as you were about to give up you saw something in the distance. Was it another sign? you thought to yourself but as you got closer you recognised that certain voice. It was Toriel, calling for help. You quickly ran over to her, when she saw you she started to cry tears of joy.

Toriel: Kris! My sweet baby!

She gives you a big hug which felt like it lasted for hours. When she finally stopped, she asked what happened but you did know either so you told her you didn't know. She then asked how you found her.

Toriel: How did you find me? we're surrounded by darkness.

Kris: There was a sign saying "This way to --- ->" but the last word was smudged off, so smudged you couldn't even guess the first word.

Toriel: Oh wow, someone must not like the place where it was pointing then.

Kris: How did you get here?

Toriel: I woke up here, surrounded by darkness like you were.

Kris: Hmm, very interesting, we must have all woke up somewhere else than each other.

Toriel: We?

Kris: Yeah, Susie was sleeping at our house remember?

Toriel: Oh no! I completely forgot about her! Where is she!? what if she's de-

Kris: I'm sure she's fine, she's survived worse, in fact I'm worried about the people she meets, as you know she's "quite" violent.

Toriel: Yeah I guess you're right, she can probably fend for herself anywhere.

Kris: I think we should find a way out of here now, we can chit chat on the way.

They both started walking the way the sign Kris saw whilst Toriel was holding their hand. They were talking to each other when they saw something in the distance. They stopped talking and slowly started to walk closer, whilst keeping their eyes on the figure. When they got closer, They could hear another voice which they both recognised. It was Susie, lying next to her axe on the ground looking into the dark abyss above her.

Toriel: Susie! Are you ok!

Susie: Kris! Toriel! Thank god you found me, I was getting so bored looking into the abyss above me.

Toriel: You weren't scared? being by yourself in the darkness?

Susie: I don't get scared, and plus I've been surrounded in darkness my whole life, I've gotten used to it. I was just bored.

Toriel: Oh, that's so sad, I'm sorry Susie.

Susie: Nah... it's fine... I've gotten used to it.

There was an awkward silence.

Kris: So... Susie, How did you get here?

Susie: I woke up next to a sign, which had an arrow pointing to a place but the place was smudged out so I couldn't even read it. so I followed it until I got bored and layed down here until you two found me.

Kris: I also woke up next to a sign which had it's name smudged out next to an arrow.

Susie: Where did Toriel wake up?

Toriel: I just woke up in the darkness, there wasn't a sign near me so I stayed there until Kris found me after walking the way the sign pointed to.

Susie: Interesting, that me and Kris woke up next to a sign and you didn't.

Kris: It might be something to do with how far away we were in the light world.

Susie: But we were sharing the sofa so wouldn't that make us closer?

Kris: Yeah I guess you're right, guess we'll find out sooner or later.

After it being quiet for a while, Kris thought of something.

Kris: Random question but does anyone have a compass?

Susie: No, why would I? I'm not nerdly.

Toriel: You know what, I think I do.

Toriel reached into her pocket with lots of things she liked to collect and luckily she had a compass in there.

Susie: Why do you have a compass in your pockets?

Toriel: I like collecting things and luckily I found a compass one day whilst walking along the beach. I forgot to take it out of my pocket when I got home, I guess you could say it was lucky I found it.

Kris: Yeah good thing you found, now give it here.

Toriel: What's magic word?

Kris: Please

Toriel: Much better.

Toriel handed the compass to Kris. Kris laid it on their hand whilst looking the way the arrow pointed on the sign when Kris woke up. The compass pointed east.

Kris: It's pointing East.

Susie: Why do we need to know that?

Kris: It's so we can narrow down where to go next. Can you remember the way the arrow on your sign was facing?

The brackets are their thoughts.

Susie: (wow that's smart of Kris) The arrow was pointing left.

Kris: So you must have walked west then.

Susie: I guess. But I think there was another arrow on the sign but I can't remember the way it was pointing.

Toriel: I guess we have to walk back to your sign then.

Kris: Well what are we waiting for, let's go.

Kris, Toriel and Susie started walking East until they got to the sign. When Kris was facing the sign the compass was pointing towards North. The other arrow was pointed East, so they started to walk East. It felt like hours walking East but they had to keep going as they needed to find out why all the signs kept pointing east. They saw another sign but the only direction was East so they kept going.

Just as everyone was starting to get hungry they saw something in the distance but it wasn't a sign. It was a door. The weird thing about it was it wasn't up against any walls. When they got to the door they looked behind it but nothing was there, it was just a door standing in the darkness. When Kris twisted the door handle to open it, there was something none of them expected.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That concludes Chapter 1, Thank you for reading. Chapter 2 will be up soon as it's late for me and I would like to go to bed. I had fun writing this and will continue when I wake up. Feel free to leave any comments and any advice would be great as it's my first time writing a story. 

Chapter 2 will be up soon. Have a nice day or night where ever you are.

blu out.