It's gonna take a while for him to get used to the idea of his baby growing up, even though I'm already an adult but Like my mom always says 'you'll always be my baby no matter how old you get.'

*****Dom's POV*****

I head to my room where Davina hands me a  patient gown. I take off all my clothes except my underwear and put on the hospital gown. Which feels awkwardly revealing from the back. Once I'm ready and on the bed. Moments later the nurses come to collect me for surgery.

*****Mia's POV*****

Dom's in his procedure, I'm sitting with my family and I'm starved, my stomach is already making noises but I figured I'll wait for Him to be done and maybe treat him to a nice meal, I just have no idea if he'll be up to it after all this.

My dad wrathfully stalks up to me.
"Can't say I'm impressed. Couldn't bring home a lawyer or something ?" He says

"Like you did ? No I couldn't . You know dad for someone whose a cop, you and mom of all people should know how people get judged by appearance and assumed the worse. I actually expected more from the man who raised me and if you must know, he's an army man and currently saving your brothers life, he deserves your respect." I storm off , leaving my dad to either get his act together or throw his tantrum else where. I'm not okay with him acting this ungrateful, especially not around Dominic.

I storm off to get a breather, I can't really be around my dad right now, he's acting like a child, I cannot believe the man I look up to can be so selfish to a man willing to save his brothers life with no hesitation.

Two hours have passed and I finally see Davina and the nurses wheeling Dominic back to his room.
I wait to see the nurses exit before I enter his room And i see that Davina is still busy with him, Taking out his IV fluid drip and checking on his hip bandage.

" I can come back later, just wanted to check up on you, make sure you're ok?" I say caringly

" I don't bite you know , we've actually been getting on, I must say he's not half bad. You could do better but his quite cool" Davina jokes and laughs at herself.

"Way to kick a man while he's down Dav." Dominic places his hand over his heart acting wounded and hurt by Davina's words.

He could definitely pass for a Cohen with how dramatic his being.

"Dav?" I question "He calls you Dav ? You don't even let Tom and I call you Dav."
"Has he made you soft? He seems to do that to the best of us."

"Seems like it, We did this thing called bonding, also have you ever saved a life? No , so you and Tom haven't earned the name Dav just yet." She giggles

"Come sit here" he pats right next to him
"Are you insane ? You just had a transfusion, not to mention my sister is right there."
"Didn't take you for the shy type princess." He says with a smile that reaches his eyes.

"Don't let me stop you" Davina looks at me .
"I'm almost done with him and then I'll head to Uncle Harry." She motions me to sit by him.

I walk towards him and He has this cute fucking devilish smirk as if he's doing all the right things to get his way.

That's when I slide the chair next to the bed and sit down. I offer my hand for support. I know he's not in much pain right now, due to anaesthesia wearing off but I want to be supportive.

He intertwines his fingers with mine and holds it firmly, with the back of his thumb he traces circles on my hand. I just found that gesture so simple but so loving. What is this man doing to me. He's breaking down walls I didn't even know existed and not just with me, but my family.