Chapter 9

NOTE: hey lovies if you've made it this far! Thanks for the support and please continue I have big plans , please don't forget to vote for all the chapters💓.
I know we posted chapter8 previously but I've made changes, the published version was an old version it seems that the changes I made to it before publishing didn't stick. It couldn't hurt to read it again. Sorry again about that ! Love you guys xxx 😌💜

******Dom's POV*****

Davina sits me down as she takes my blood, she has this death stare going on, I can see she's almost fighting with her thoughts, but I won't dare poke the bear, if I've learnt anything with being around Mia is that everyone sees her as their baby and that she needs to be protected.

Maybe sometimes I feel that way too, but she surprises me with how well she handles herself. I don't think any of us give her enough credit.

Honestly, it's not a big deal I'm doing this, I've always donated blood at least every second month and I'm an organ donor, but I know deep down it's kinda unusual for me to be so impulsive because in a way am I doing this to keep her close?

I sound like such a fucking girl with a high school crush, but it's not that.
If you've been to war like I have, served many years for your country, seen so many deaths, someone's husband, wife, son or daughter dying, your brothers and sisters in combat because we hit a land mine or got shot on enemy territory, whatever the reason may be, when you come home to civilian life, its hard To adjust with the nightmares, reliving the events of innocent deaths, noises or constantly watching over your shoulder? PTSD is real.

There's something quite big Mia doesn't know about me, I never actually escape the PTSD, the "family business" is a life similar to war, deaths occur more often than I'd like, the only difference is in war innocent soldiers die protecting this country, whereas in my line of duties a different type of soldier dies protecting their own. Can't say it's the life I wanted but it is the life I've benefitted from and protecting my family comes first.

In some sense, I guess I want to be good? Maybe I want to show her that I am a good man besides my secrets, So she knows I'm good enough, good enough that she doesn't regret giving herself to me, good enough to be around her, to know her, or be in her life if she allows.

In some ways, I wanna be deserving of having someone like her care about someone like me.
Though I'm sure if she ever finds out about my family's indiscretions she might want nothing to do with me and right now I'm not willing to give that up.

As Davina finishes up with me, she finally asks " Why are you doing this? You barely know my sister and you know none of us, so why?"

"Didn't know saving someone's life needed a reason. Might wanna ask superman why he keeps saving people he doesn't know"

She bites back "So we have a smart ass on our hands, huh." She suppresses her smile, trying not to crack.

"Look It's not like I'm gonna miss my bone marrow, And if it could save your uncle and save your family from heartbreak then why not? If you had the power to save a stranger on their death bed wouldn't you take it?" I ask genuinely wondering if she would because I'm sure this family assumes I'm mad in my head.

She's deep in thought, I can see her eyes gaze in the distance wondering if she would, weighing up the consequences, the rules, and all that comes with it and  after a long moment of silence she finally answers me

"Honestly, I don't know, As a doctor and all, I took an oath to treat my patients to the best of my ability and I would try to save any one of them as much as the hospital allows and God allows, I guess but giving a piece of myself I'm not entirely sure I'd go that far, also seems a-bit unethical in my department."