you stammered "Wh-what? no...no i-"

"-so he does. y/n, he does not care about you. he just wants to kill you. but with me, I'll give you all the money you want, and keep you alive." illumi opened his arms as if he wanted a hug. he was literally in the process of trying to manipulate you. but you were able to see right through it.

"fuck you. Were you stalking me you creep?" you questioned

"That is none of your concern," illumi said

you started at him in disbelief "Uh yes, actually it is." Don't tell me he's been watching me. Please say no.

"If you must know, I'm here for killua. keeping an eye on my little brother." illumi said playing with a pin in his hand "I happened to see you, a few days prior"

"ok? That doesn't mean you have to watch me." You raised your eyebrows

"Why not? I was bored," he admitted

You paused at his words. What the fuck "Well, killua's fine. I'll watch him. so you can leave now, I won't be doing this fucking mission with you. Bye." you gestured for him to leave out your front door.

illumi stood still, pausing like he didn't know what to say. he did this in complete silence for about a minute. it was nothing but creepy. One minute felt like one hour. Your heartbeat found its way to your stomach as you tried to keep your cool.

you stared back waiting for him to leave, suddenly feeling his bloodlust spread through the room. It was strong. strong enough to make you freeze.

Your fight or flight was triggered, and it decided on neither. all you could do was stand there.

shit

Before you could dodge his attack, illumi threw a nen pin at you, stabbing your left shoulder. you screamed in pain, hitting the glass patio door behind you.

Blood from the fresh wound splattered the door, while you cried out.

it was an insufferable pain. there was no way it was just a pin. it felt like your arm was being chopped off with an axe, while every vein in your arm was being electrocuted.

you kept yourself standing trying your best to ignore the pain, but failing. your eyes scrunched closed as the teeth in your mouth clenched. it was unbearable

illumis hair floated through his aura, eyes widening more than they were, watching you suffer. "Oops. now look what you've made me do."

"fuck...you.." was the only thing that came out of your mouth as tears ran down your face. you refused to show him defeat.

"I wasn't asking, y/n. you will come with me. you have 10 days to prepare. I'll be here to pick you up then." his bloodlust disappeared.

illumi walked towards you. He was much taller, towering over you. He looked at you with no remorse and slid the patio door open bedside you.

"I made these plans as soon as I set eyes on you. we will go through with this mission. I have your number, so I'll keep in contact." illumi said blankly

You looked up to respond, but he was gone. so was the pin from your arm. blood began dripping down your arm, fast. for a moment, you tried to deny that this was real. but the pain of your injury quickly smacked you back into reality.

you slid your shirt down from your shoulder noticing the pin left a hole as big as your thumb with blood rushing out. how..oww... Fuck I need a bandage. fuck my life

you weren't able to process what just happened, still being in a bit of a shock. you just knew you had to take care of the pain in your arm.

you held in tears, slowly walking to the bathroom holding your shoulder. your feet did most of the navigating, as your eyes were blurred with tears.