2-1

Chapter 2-1 : Audience Room

In the audience room of the Royal Palace in the center of the royal capital of the Kingdom of Adrashelm, Mylia knelt on the red carpet with a pale face.

Her fancy skirt and robe that she got from Titania made her look like a girl from a slightly wealthy family.

(Umm... Let's see how I ended up like this... When we arrived in this royal capital, Amnesia-san said that she had to report something... but then she came back and said, "Mylia, you should come with me"... I wasn't really sure why I had to come with her, but... Here I am now... Kneeling in front of the queen... I wonder what she wants from me...)

Mylia glanced up a little and saw The queen sitting on her throne.

She was wearing a thick red cloak and a luxurious, feminine dress.

She had a scepter in her hand, and of course, a crown on her head.

Her two-tone brown and gold long hair was entirely hanging behind her, so her well-proportioned body line could be seen.

Her eyes possessed the light peculiar to a ruler, and her eyebrows extended diagonally upward, emphasizing the strength of her will.

(Uhh... I feel like I should never make her upset... She looks like a person who seems to be strict with others and herself...)

Mylia was staring at the queen while guessing what kind of person she was.

「Mylia.... Myー liー aー... do you hear me...? Step forward, hurry...!」(Amnesia)

Amnesia, who stood behind Mylia, bent her body forward and whispered to Mylia with a tense expression on her face.

As she did that, her long, beautiful blonde hair swirled on the red carpet.

「U, Un...」(Mylia)

Mylia nodded awkwardly after being prompted by Amnesia.

(Ahh... I feel like I wanna teleport home now... Well, I won't do that though.)

「What's wrong, Mylia de la Atwood? Her Majesty told you to come forward!」(official)

A person who seemed to be an official shouted to Mylia.

「Y, Yes!」(Mylia)

Mylia tried to stand up quickly, but because she was on her knees, she staggered and almost fell.

「Awawa! I, I'm sorry...!」(Mylia)

She apologized and immediately straightened her back, trying to stand upright.

Looking at Mylia and her kinda cute behaviour, the queen glanced and smiled gently at her.

「You don't have to be that nervous.」(queen)

The queen's beautiful alto voice echoed in the hall.

That alone made Mylia straighten her back even more.

「I'm Kushana Germaine de la Ruzé Adrashelm.」(queen)

「N-Nice to meet you... I'm Mylia de la Atwood...」(Mylia)

Mylia lowered her head while saying that.

The queen nodded with a slightly pleased face.

「Mylia, I heard that you have defeated Zirnitra, the elder dragon. I have received one of Zirnitra's claws from Amnesia as the proof of subjugation.」(queen)

Saying that, the queen looked at a neatly dressed maid, and then the maid brought Zirnitra's claw on a silver tray and stood in front of the queen.