1-41

Chapter 1-41 : The Battle On The Way To The Royal Capital

Mylia looked back at Zirnitra, the elder dragon.

(Eh? It's staring at me?)

Mylia sped up her running speed toward Amnesia, trying to reach Amnesia's hand as quickly as possible.

However, Zirnitra opened its big mouth all of a sudden.

The inside of its mouth glowed brightly, and a large magic circle appeared in the air in front of its mouth.

「Mylia, watch outー!」(Amnesia)

As Amnesia shouted, a shockwave beam was launched from Zirnitra's mouth.

Mylia immediately stopped running and turned around, facing Zirnitra.

She then quickly activated her magic.

「Cat-shaped defense magic, activate!」(Mylia)

A huge magic circle with a cute drawing of a cat's face in the center appeared in front of Mylia.

There was a complicated yet stylish pattern in front of the cat's face.

It was a cute magic circle that suit Mylia's taste.

「Myliaー!」(Amnesia)

Amnesia jumped off her horse and ran quickly toward Mylia, trying to protect her.

The two other female knights also jumped off their horses and ran toward Mylia.

(If I don't block that beam here, everyone will get hit!)

Zirnitra's shockwave flew straight at Mylia.

The shockwave that contained an enormous amount of magical power destroyed all the trees and scooped out the ground along the way, and then directly hit Mylia's cat-shaped barrier.

「Ughh...!」(Mylia)

Zirnitra's magical power collided with Mylia's magical power.

The ground in front of Mylia that wasn't covered by the barrier was scooped out and turned into a U-shape.

A jarring sound like two bars of metal with high density intermittently colliding against each other was heard.

(I should use more magical power! I can't lose, or Amnesia-san and her friends willー!)

Mylia poured more of her magical power into the cat-shaped barrier, and then the shockwave beam from Zirnitra was pushed back little by little.

「Hnghhh...! Counterー!」(Mylia)

After Mylia visualized strongly in her mind while shouting, the shockwave reflected back at Zirnitra like a laser that bounced off a mirror.

Not only did Mylia return the shockwave back to Zirnitra, but she also turned the shockwave into a big black cat that was trying to attack Zirnitra.

「ーー!?」(Zirnitra)

Zirnitra, who had confidence in its magical power, was shocked.

The counter-attack from Mylia's cat-shaped barrier couldn't be avoided.

The black cat screamed, "Nyaaaー!" and then struck a strong 'cat punch' on Zirnitra's face.

Zirnitra's neck was twisted with great force and its head almost came off its neck.

Its giant body was blown away, fell, and dragged on the ground by the force, destroying the surrounding trees.

「Neko-chan, nice punch! Alright then, levitation magic, activate! 【Fly】!」(Mylia)