1-1

Chapter 1-1 : Figuring Out The Current Situation

(First, I should figure out the current situation.)

Mylia decided to leave her room and went to the washroom.
She had just gotten up so she hadn't brushed her teeth yet.

According to her memories as Mylia, if she slept until noon without doing anything, the second daughter, Robin, would come and yell at her.

Robin had a strong and stubborn personality like her father.
She was a sarcastic woman who always mocked Mylia for being useless.

Before she recalled the memories of her previous life in Japan, Mylia was an absent-minded girl.
That's why for Robin, Mylia was a good stress-relieving tool, because she would never talk back to her.

(I should avoid Robin as much as possible...)

After she got to the washroom, she brushed her teeth with a toothbrush made from something like grass and a twig.

It was a plant called toothbrush grass.
The leaves were like soft hair, and it looked like a toothbrush.
It had a slight mint scent.
This plant had been used as toothbrushes for a long time.

(I wonder if there's proper toothbrushes at the royal capital... This one is not bad, but it's not good enough.)

After she brushed her teeth, she scooped the water in the basin with a wooden cup and gargled.

In this world, there was a magic tool like a faucet where the water would come out if you twisted the lever.
However, there was no such luxury item in a remote area like this.
The villagers usually use water from a well.

(But I'm glad the water in the basin is clean. I don't want to get sick.)

After that, Mylia washed her face and shook her head to dry her face because she didn't have a towel.
She could just wipe her face with the dress she was wearing, but she didn't do it because it didn't look very clean.

(Uhh... I want to change clothes with the washed ones later)

When she entered the living room, there was no one there.
It seemed that breakfast was over.

She then entered the kitchen and found her mother, Ella de la Atwood, preparing meat.

Her mother was a plain woman who had the same pale lilac hair as Mylia, but she tied her hair into a ponytail.
She seemed to be in her early 50s.
Mylia guessed that her hair color was inherited from her mother.

(Strange... It feels like there was somebody else's mom cooking in my house...)

Even though she was looking at her own mother, she felt like she was looking at a stranger because she also had memories of her mother from her previous life.

(This person seems to have never argued with her husband, Aaron. As far as I can remember, she never talked back to him.)

「Good Morning.」

Mylia greeted her mother with an absent-minded look based on her personality before she recalled her previous life's memories.

Her mother raised her face and made a lonely smile.

「Good morning. Have you brushed your teeth?」

「Un.」

「There's bread over there. I'm busy, so you can eat it by yourself.」

「Un.」

As her mother said, she took the bread and a fruit that looked like a fig, and returned to the living room.
Fortunately, there was no one there.