1-10.1

Chapter 1-10 : Magic (part 1)

ーIn the morning of the second day after Mylia regained memories of her previous lifeー

Mylia got out of her bed and looked around her room.

The sunlight poured through the muddy window.

(No one here…Maybe they have woken up…?)

Mylia changed her clothes to the usual dress, went to the dining room, and had breakfast alone.

「Mother, do you know where Robin onee-sama is now?」(Mylia)

「She is working in the lavender hut now.」(Ella)

(Nice. Looks like that divorced woman is working outside the house. I should hurry to the reading room.)

「Mylia, by the way, why did you suddenly run out of the house yesterday? What happened?」(Ella)

When Mylia was about to leave the living room, her mother stopped her.

As her mother, Ella was worried that her quiet daughter was suddenly running wildly.
But apart from that, she was also worried that a weird rumor like “The seventh daughter of the Atwood family has a mental illness” would spread.

This family has suffered enough from the bad rumor about Robin’s affair, so she couldn’t afford to let another bad rumor spread.

「U, Umm…. Th, that’s…..」(Mylia)

「Hmm…?」(Ella)

Her mother looked at Mylia with a suspicious expression.

「That’s…. Ah! My feet!…. Yes, at that time my feet were…..umm… itchy… Really itchy…」(Mylia)

(Gyaaa! What kind of excuse is that!? I feel embarrassed with myself!)

Mylia wasn’t good at making immediate excuses.

However, her mother seemed to think that it doesn’t matter anymore after hearing Mylia’s stupid excuse.

「Oh, well… Go back to the second floor and be quiet there.」(Ella)

「U, Un…」(Mylia)

(Fiuh… I didn’t think of any consequences that could be happened at that time, but let’s be more careful from now on.)

Mylia left the living room and headed for the reading room on the second floor.

The room was about six tatami mats large (about 9m²).
There was a quite big old bookshelf and a chair inside.

It was a little dusty because the room was rarely being used.

Mylia opened the window to replace the air.
And then, she browsed the books on the bookshelf from left to right.

(Elementary Magic vol 8….. Elementary Magic vol 8…. Hmm…..Ah, there it is.)

She pulled out the book with both hands and put it on the floor.

Its pages were quite thick, probably because they were made using primitive technology, so it was too heavy to read while standing up.

(Uhh… My fingers are small. It’s hard to turn these thick pages…)

Mylia turned the pages until she found page 61 as Chloe told her.

The title of the page was『 Magic Practice -Basic- 』.

A little excited, Mylia started reading the book.

ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー