1-36

Chapter 1-36 : Mylia's Exam Results

Mylia completed the written test and interview without any problems.

She was able to answer about half of the questions in the written test.

The questions were about the history of the kingdom, the geography, aristocratic family names, law, and more, which she had learned from Chloe.

(I'm not bad at memorizing, but there are so many aristocratic names in this kingdom... I could only remember the main family names and their crests... I hope Amnesia-san is not disappointed in me...)

Mylia was waiting for the test results with an uneasy expression.

She had passed the magic test which was the most important one, so she would most likely pass the test, but even so, she couldn't rest easy until Amnesia told her the results.

After sitting on a church chair, waiting for a while, Mylia's stomach growled.

「Uhh... I'm hungry...」(Mylia)

「Fufu.」(female knight)

One of Amnesia's companions who was standing at the entrance of the church laughed a little while glancing at Mylia with gentle eyes.

She found Mylia, whose stomach was growling, was cute.

(Come to think of it, I only took a small bite of black bread before Amnesia-san took me here...)

Mylia took one skewer of grilled Dabola meat from her magic bag.

(Good thing I have this bag. Mmm~ Dabola-chan, you're so delicious~)

It was a perfect food for when hunger strikes.

「Umm, do you want to try it?」(Mylia)

Mylia offered grilled Dabola meat to the female knight who was looking at her with curious eyes from the entrance.

「Can I?」(female knight)

「Of course.」(Mylia)

The female knight approached Mylia, received one skewer of Dabola meat and took a bite.

「This is really good...」(female knight)

「I'm glad you like it.」(Mylia)

They started eating Dabola meat side by side on the chairs for a while.

「Actually, I have a little sister who is about your age. You remind me of her.」(female knight)

「Really?」(Mylia)

「Umm... Would you mind if I stroke your head?」(female knight)

「Eh? I don't mind. Go ahead.」(Mylia)

The female knight put her hand on Mylia's head and started stroking it.

(She said I reminded her of her little sister, but she also reminds me of Chloe onee-chan...)

And then, they started talking with each other while being surrounded by the church's lights that were shining faintly.

Those lights were the only magic tool in the village, and they seemed to be the priest's personal belongings.

After a while, Amnesia came out from the room in the back.

「I'm sorry to have kept you waiting.」(Amnesia)

Mylia stood up straight with a tense face as Amnesia approached her.

「Do... Do I pass the test...?」(Mylia)