𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 72

Start from the beginning

"Sophia, you can't tell Jace." Jace, oh crap!

"Is he all  part of this plan?" I ask her, calmly. 

"At first, yes." I slap her. My hand reaches across her face and slap her. 

"I get that you were robbed of the chance of having your father, but that boy has been through hell and for you to use him as part of your plan, shows that you really are your father's daughter," I mutter. 

"I'll give you fifty thousand dollars, get the hell out of our lives, for good." Kiara chuckles, houmourlesly. 

"I don't want your Godamn money, I just want you to feel what it's like to have everything you love, taken from you." She says to mom. 

"You're gonna have to leave one way or the other, because when we tell Jace, you'll have no one here. You will have to walk away." Instead of being part of their conversation, I just listen. My phone rings on the coffee table, Axton's name on the screen.  Great timing. 

"You can't tell Jace, at first he was just a pawn in my stupid game of revenge, but I swear I love him!" she shouts as I pick the phone up and walk away.

"Kiara, I think it'll be best if you leave, and when I say leave,  I mean New York." I mumble. 

"No, you don't understand-" I close the powder room door, escaping her words. 

"Hey." I sigh as I answer Axton's call. 

"Hey, can you bring some orange juice on your way back?" he asks and I chuckle, this is all so surreal. We're actually living together and now our calls include grocery shopping. 

"Yeah okay," My phone vibrates but I ignore it. 

"You okay?" he asks me. 

"I'm good, although you won't believe what happened."  There goes my phone, again. 

"Let me guess? Shyla kicked Bash's ass off the balcony?" he asks as my phone vibrates again. Annoyed, I put him on loudspeaker as I view the almost one hundred notifications. 

Breaking news: Billionaire Axton McKay,  revealed cheating on his girlfriend, designer Sophia Rivera. Sources tell us the woman whom he cheated with, is now pregnant, with Mr. McKay's child. 

Hayley: Look at the news. 

3 missed calls from Jace. 

10 missed calls from Amyra. 

News Source tells us, Axton McKay has been cheating on his girlfriend, with his best friend's girlfriend.  Kiara Kennet, who is pregnant with the heir to McKay Industries. 

"Baby? Is that what happened?" Axton's voice runs through the air and the room dims as everything spins.

"Soph?" 

I need to trust him. 

I can't jump to conclusions. 

My phone lights up as another message makes its way onto my screen. I hit the notification and it brings me to an article. One that makes tears fall from my eyes. 

Picture of a paternity test that proves Axton McKay is the father of Kira's child. Security footage of Kiara and Axton entering Crowne Plaza together. 

Is the couple we all adore ending here?

I look over the camera footage, sure enough, a video of Kiara and Axton, walking into Crowne Plaza. My heart breaks. 

"Sophia, what's wrong? I'm coming to get you." Axton says, snapping me back to reality. 

"No." Is all I say. With that I hang up and run out the room, into the living room, where mom is obviously watching the news. 

"Our question is, was the switch worth it Kiara?" The reporter says and I internally scream. 

"Sophia, darling, it's gonna be okay." My mom pulls me into a hug, but I quickly move away from her. 

"I-i need to get home." I stutter, trying not to fall apart. 

But the truth is, inside I already did.