Three

For a long, very long moment, Jacob just stared at you. His icy eyes wandered over your face, trying to find out if you were just joking or trying to make a fool out of him.

But even after examining you for a while, he couldn't tell.

"The weak...", he mumbled. "Will perish. False compassion will be the doom. You should not be this way."

His strangely blue eyes stared right through you. He didn't even blink, he just looked at you. As if there was something he was trying to find.

Weirded out, you reached out for the car key and turned it to get the engine going. Your heart was beating like crazy. Something inside of you was screaming, somehow out of fear and excitement at the same time.

Maybe it was his strangely masculine looks that made you feel uncomfortable or his strange behaviour, but he didn't seem like somebody you wanted to spend more time than necessary with.

"Please step back.", you said, your foot already on the gas. "Or I'll drive you over."

He grinned with a corner of his lips.

"You think you can escaped your test? Nothing happens without a reason. You have been chosen.", he stepped back from the window, still staring into your soul. "You must take the test and prove your worth."

Now not only weirded out but also a bit angered by his strangely fanatic talk, you frowned.

"You're talking a bunch of bullshit, weirdo.", you growled and pressed the gas down a little. "Call your pet back or I'll run it over. I swear!"

Now, he frowned, displeased as well.

"A big mouth for a small lamb. I'll change that. You will obey."

"Listen man, I don't know shit about you weird hillbilly believes, but you're talking a shit tone of  bull-!", you couldn't finish the sentence.

Suddenly, his hand jerked forward, crashing through the drivers window.

It was so quick and seemed so effortless that you couldn't even react. Glass broke, thousands of little pieces jumped through the air and cut your face. The feeling of warm blood ran over your skin, mixed with a sharp pain.

With surprising force, his hand wrapped around your neck. It was a huge hand, huge enough to cover your throat with ease. He squeezed his fist shut, pressing all the air out of your lungs.

The tips of his fingernails dug into your skin, causing it to turn red. Soon enough the skin would turn black and blue.

Surprised, yet frightened, you choked. Eyes wide open, you tried to form some words, begging him to let you go. Your hands reached up to his wrist, squeezing and scratching it.

But he did not flinch. He didn't even bat an eye as your fingernails dug into his broken skin, tore it open and covered the tips of your fingers with blood.

Choking and coughing, you raised your hand and tried to reach his face.

Suddenly, he pulled you towards him.

Your head crushed through the already broken window, leaving even more marks and cuts on your face. Pain filled your body. You were shaking in fear. Tears began to fill the corner of your eyes. Never before you've had felt this helpless.

Slowly, almost painfully slowly, he lifted you up so that he was able to look you in the eyes.

You could feel the warmth of his breath stroke over your skin. He smelled like the forest, with a mix of black powder and something burned.

Shaking, you swallowed a whimper.

"P-please...", you whispered. "Please let me go."

Tears dripped down your cheeks.

He looked at them, followed the slaty trails with his eyes.
As he raised his free hand, you flinched.

But he didn't hit you. Instead, he stroked the tears away. It was strange, but in the moment his touch felt soft, almost gentle. As if he was afraid to damage his new trophy.

"Weakness will be the end of the herd. If there is no weakness, the herd will never end.", he stroked through your (H/C) hair, wiping it out of your face. "What a shame. I've never seen a weakness this pretty."

Crying, you let your hands fall down. You could feel how weak you were. The sheer force in his hand around your neck was enough to make you shake and cry.

If he wanted he could have squeezed your throat shut. It could have been over with one movement of his.

Your life was hanging by a threat and that threat was his emotions. If they changed, if he got angry, you would die.
The sharp pieces of the broken window poked into the soft skin of your stomach. You feared to lower yourself.

The fear that the pieces would cut you open like a pig was too big.

"W-want do you want from me?", you asked in between sobbing.

He wiped the new tears away.

"Crying is for the weak.", he said, licking the thumb, tasting the salt of the tears. "You should try to be one of the strong. Only a strong herd will live on and survive the collapse. Don't you want to survive?"

You tired to nod, the words got stuck in your throat. But his large hand made it hard to move at all.

"Good. Obedience is the first step towards becoming a good soldier. You must live through the pain.", with a strangely devilish smile, he tilted his head and his eyes wandered downwards to the broken window. "The pain of the body strengthens the weak mind. I wonder if you will succeed."

Suddenly, he ripped his hand down, tearing you with him. With all his might, he pulled you out of the window, causing all the broken glass to cut through your skin.

A hellish pain chased through your body, suddenly there was this wet feeling that covered your lower body. You screamed as loud as you could with the hand still squeezing the air out of your lungs.

Without care, he threw you to the ground.

Blood dripped down your body, covering your pants and the streets in a deep red. It smelled of iron and raw meat. The cuts were not deep enough to be considered flesh wounds, but they were deep enough to bleed like hell.

Coughing and choking, you tried to get up from the ground, but your legs felt weak and didn't want to carry you.

Behind you, Jacob bend down. His hand grabbed a fist full of your hair, pulling it so far back that it hurt.

"I'll shape you.", he whispered into your ear. "I have a feeling that you will be a good addition to the herd."