↳ 🔥 season's greetings || 🌼🌼

tw:

requested by Alanalana56

y/n's pov~

My older brother Wilbur was a widely known streamer. And through him I've met many amazing people. Specifically Tommyinnit. He was very sweet and caring off-camera, as well as hilarious in videos and in real life. Hanging out with him was usually the highlight of my week.

It's December, almost Christmas time, and I was so excited because I had planned to go over for a gift exchange at Tommy's house.

But when I arrived I was met with a very unpleasant surprise.

"Hello! You must be y/n," says the girl who answered his door. I have no idea who this is. She does look a little familiar.

"Yes... I am her... Who are you?"

"Oh! I'm Tommy's girlfriend. He invited me to be part of the gift exchange. We've met before over discord!"

"Oh yeahhh I remember you. It's nice to see you." I sounded genuine but it wasn't.

My stomach was in knots. I am not usually jealous of people, but her, I was jealous of. She was dating the guy that I've had my eye on. Of course this means I was very sad and upset. When I first met her, they were not dating. This whole situation really ruined my Christmas spirit.

"Hey guys! I see you have finally met in person," Tommy approaches behind.

"Yes!" she says happily.

I nod and proceed inside. Everyone is there ready for the exchange. The whole room had a very excited and happy vibe. Hopefully they continue to keep that energy because I really need some uplifting.

-

After the gift exchange I wanted to write about how I felt. After I wrote how I felt in that moment and because I decided to make it into a song, I added a little more than how I felt. I was going to share it with my brother so he could give me pointers. And then I could make an actual song. Now I was starting to get excited, despite the song being about passive aggressiveness towards someone I fell for. It didn't take long for me to get this song rolling. The music was simple, the song was written rather quickly, and now I just need to get a video together. Which I filmed in a few days. I was now sitting on my bed, watching the finished project before uploading. The final product was loosely based on my experience, but still something I was very proud of.

"Season greetings
From my broken heart
I've been dreaming
Of how lonely you are
Cause this winter
It's been a record cold year
I hope your freezing
And fucking miserable there

Cause I've been drinking rum spiced cider
And I keep thinking of all your lies dear
I know it's your favorite holiday

Merry Christmas
I hope your tree burns down
You're on my shit list
You know I hate you now
Merry Christmas
From all our wasted years
Merry Christmas
I hope you spend it alone

I saw your mistletoe (I did)
Outside your door (Mmhmm)
I'm sure that it's just a setup (I'm sure)
For doing much more (It is)
You can hide yourself in red and green
But the whole town knows
How you're easy (They Heard)

Cause I've been drinking rum spiced cider
And I keep thinking of all your lies dear
I know it's your favorite holiday
Yeah I know it is
And I hope I ruined it

Merry Christmas
I hope your tree burns down
You're on my shit list
You know I hate you now
Merry Christmas
From all our wasted years
Merry Christmas
I hope you spend it alone

Season greetings
From my broken heart
I've been dreaming
Of how lonely you are
Cause this winter
It's been a record cold year
I hope you're freezing
And fucking miserable there

Please no kissing under the mistletoe
I'm just bitter
I thought I'd let you know
Please no kissing under the mistletoe
I'm just bitter
I thought I'd let you know

Merry Christmas
I hope your tree burns down
You're on my shit list
You know I hate you now
Merry Christmas
From all our wasted years
Merry Christmas
I hope you spend it alone

Merry Christmas
I hope you spend it alone"

I was so happy with how everything went down. My brother was super proud of me for making it, so proud in fact that he was the first one to watch and like the video when it was uploaded.

"It's a really good song that I bet a bunch of people can relate to," he told me smiling then giving me a hug.

-

A few hours after uploading, my phone buzzed with a discord notification.

Tommy had messaged me.

'hey y/n! i just saw your music video. the song is really cool, i didn't even know you were writing one. but i'm curious, who's it about?'

All I could respond with was 'oh you don't wanna know.'