Episode 63: Clarity

Episode 63: Clarity

"I can't believe I've moved states entirely and I still bump into you."

She was gorgeous.

The woman who spewed such venomous words.

With her shiny blonde hair, a skinny figure and confidence seeping from every single pore, the woman made Valentina buffer for a minute.

She felt like her reaction was lagging in comparison to Chase's — he had reacted quickly to the stranger.

"Natasha," he greeted stiffly, his tone void of any form of emotions.

Valentina didn't know who she was, but the name certainly rang a bell.

A few actually.

She could hardly stop herself from making the connection with how tense they both appeared at seeing each other.

"Do you two know each other?" She asked for the sake of her theory being wrong.

Chase's jaw tightened so hard it could've broken at the force.

He looked away, then back at Valentina at her question, weighing his options.

"We did."

Not liking the clipped tone he used, the strange woman shook her head, trying to seem amused.

"You were always a man of few words, weren't you, Chase? Well, at least that's the case when it's something you don't want someone finding out about."

"There's no need for those type of comments," he warned her calmly.

"What? After so many years of us knowing each other then it all going up in flames and I can't even make a joke about it? Whatever happened to dark humor?"

No one laughed.

"Is this..." Valentina trailed off.

He looked at her for the longest time before nodding.

"She is."

"You told her about me? How sad. I bet she's unaware of your bad habits then if she's looking at me like I'm the villain here."

Valentina bristled at the audacity of her.

She didn't like the way she acted all high and mighty after so many years of them breaking up.

Especially when she was the one who cheated on him in the process.

"Don't you feel the need to apologize after fucking him up in the head so much that he struggled with having a functional relationship?"

Natasha looked surprised by the revelation.

"Why should I?"

"Because you're a cheat."

Chase went for Valentina, giving her a pointed look but she didn't back down.

Natasha's face remained passive as she looked at the exchange. "I admit, I did cheat on him—"

Valentina let out a disgusted grunt.

"—but that was only because he cheated on me first."

Valentina's form stood frozen and she didn't know how her eyes managed to travel to have a look at Chase.

What the hell did she just say?

She hardly had the time to ask him verbally as she saw the man begin to fume at Natasha's words.

His face became gradually red and his hands fisted into a tight hold.

On their own accord, his feet took a step towards her and she didn't even flinch as he shook with rage while staring down at her.