Becoming the Hunted

Start from the beginning

"Hiccup, we've been working really hard on these reinforcement walls for these past few days. Everyone is just tired. I mean, look at the dragons." I stated while gesturing to the cranky dragons.

"You know, Hookfang and I could really use a vacay." Snotlout commented, with everyone else nodding in agreeance.

"Vacation? Count us in. We'll grab our straw helmets and a chilling tale of Viking murder to read on some enchanted beach, laughing as the waves crash against us." Tuff said to us dreamily.

"Guys, I get that you're all tired, but remember why we're doing this." Hiccup reminded, I roll my eyes at his statement.

"Oh, because you told us to." Snotlout recalled sarcastically.

"No, because Viggo is out there. And when he finally comes here to attack us we have to be ready. Alright, we can't leave the Edge under defended again." Hiccup explained, causing everyone to stop talking.

"So, yay or nay on the vacay?" Ruff asked after a few seconds.

"Oh, gods..."

><><><

I was sitting next to Hiccup as we worked on our map of the known world, Hiccup was drawing the Death Song to indicate what is found on Melody Island. The door was open, letting in the gentle breeze of the late afternoon.

Two shadows then block the sunlight I was getting, I look up from the map to see Astrid and Fishlegs.

"Working on your map, huh?" Astrid said nervously, I give them a suspicious glance before looking back down at the map.

"Need any help?" Fishlegs asked nervously, I furrow my eyebrows in confusion at their behaviour.

"No, thanks, I'm kind of--" 

"You sure? 'Cause, you know, Fishlegs is really great with maps." Astrid told Hiccup, interrupting him.

"Really great." Fishlegs added on, again nervously meaning that he wanted something and was a bit scared to ask.

Hiccup stops drawing and puts his pencil down before moving his head to look at the two, I do the same too and look at them as I didn't know what was going on.

"Okay, fine, out with it, you two. You didn't come all the way up here because you love cartography." Hiccup said to the two, they both sit down.

"We object." Astrid started.

'To what?'

"We think everyone could use a break. The dragons are really cranky from being overworked." Fishlegs added on.

'Ohhh...'

"Guys, I thought we went over this." Hiccup sighed and Astrid put her hands up in defense.

"Just hear us out."

"As you know, we've been making Gronckle Iron. A lot of it. In doing so, we've exhausted the supply of sandstone on the Edge. And as you know, no sandstone, no Gronckle Iron." Fishlegs explained.

"There's a nearby island that has a huge supply of it. It's also deserted, quiet, and would be a great place to relax, and take a little break from real work." Astrid added on, I look over at Hiccup with an expectant look because they had convinced me.

Hiccup glanced over at me and sighed.

"I don't really have a choice on this one, do I? Where is this island, exactly?" Hiccup asked and Astrid pointed to an small island a few hours flight away from the Edge.