Chapter 23

*Vale Port

*Evan/My POV

The three of us arrived back at our temporary port and scrambled  our respective ships.

"Mr Siegfried. Should I come along?" Thea asked me through our scrolls.

"Yes." I replied and Thea nodded her head. Just then, Ruby joined our call.

"All of you bring more ships as there's increased Grimm activity in the waters around Vale which means here." Ruby advised us.

"Alright / ja." Thea and I acknowledged.

"Wait where's Glorious." ruby asked.

"She's with me." I replied.

"How do we know which ship you are on?" Thea asked an important question.

"There's a map feature in your scrolls. I'll allow my scroll map to access my location so that you can find us." ruby replied. Once the two of us got all of the necessary info, we left the call and made more preparations. I dispatched the Fifth Carrier Division, Shimakaze and Suruga to join us while assigning port defense to the rest. Once everything is settled and we're satisfied with the preparations, there's still one more thing to do.

I stood aboard the flight deck of Glorious' Production ship, facing the sea with Thea standing on the bow of the HSF Graf Spee and doing the same.

"AZUR LANE!" I shouted.

"WILHELMSHAVEN MARITIME HIGH SCHOOL!" Thea shouted from the HSF Graf Spee.

"SORTIE!" we shouted in unison and our ships started to depart.

*Out at sea

*Ruby POV

I scanned the horizon of the ship we're on to search for any sign of Evan's Fleet. I've enabled my scroll map to access my location so that Evan, Glorious and Thea can track my location with their scroll maps from wherever they are.

"Calm down Ruby. We'll find them soon." Blake assured me.

"But what if once we found them, the captain orders to fire on Evan's ships and Evan, thinking we're hostile fires back," I replied, thinking about the big guns on Evan's ships.

"Don't say that. I'm sure that won't happen." Blake chuckled. Just then, an alarm went off and the captain's voice sounded through the intercom.

"This is the captain speaking. All hands general quarters. We're under grimm attack. all passengers are required to stay in their cabins for their own safety" the captain spoke through the intercom. Instantly, all of the ship's crew began to rush to their stations and the six panels located on the port and starboard side of the ship opened up to reveal their cannons.

"You two. Please go into your cabins for your own safety. We're under grimm attack." the captain saw us and tried to escort us back to our cabins.

"We're huntresses. Let us help." Blake replied. Before the captain could reply, two sea feilong emerged from the ocean on our port side and roared at us.

"Fire at will!" the captain ordered and the 6 guns located on the port side fired at the two sea feilongs. I turned Crescent Rose into its rifle mode and began shooting at the sea grimm with Blake doing the same with her Gambol Shroud. The shots bounced off the sea grimm's body and both of the sea grimm roared in rage.

"What's the situation here?" Weiss and Yang ran towards us.

"We made them angry." I replied. The two sea grimm charged their energy beam but before they could finish, a missile zoomed out of nowhere and exploded the charge, stunning them. We looked to see a white plane with red dots on its wings and a propeller on its nose flying away. While we watched my scroll rang.

"Finish them off before they recover." Evan spoke through my scroll.

"Where are you Evan?" I asked.

"My fleet is 50 miles behind you. Now finish off the sea monsters before they recover. My guns will be ready in a few minutes." Evan replied.

"load the heavy cannon!" the captain ordered as the ship turned to face the two sea grimm. The two sea grimm just recovered when the heavy cannon on the ship fired, killing one of the two sea grimm. The other sea grimm was about to fly off when we heard cannon shots and the sea grimm was hit by something and fell into the sea. We turned and saw Evan's fleet in the distance.

*Evan/My POV

"mission clear." I commented aboard Glorious' Production ship as I watched the sea monster sink into the ocean. My scroll rang and I picked it up.

"That was awesome Evan!" ruby commented. I chuckled and looked at Suruga who was the one that fired the last shot at the sea monster.

*timeskip

We reached the island called Vytal where I saw the ships that Ozpin was talking about.

"Evan. isn't that Lexington and Valiant, along with some destroyers from our base?" glorious pointed out.

"Yes they are but how did they end up here?" I asked before trying to contact them. "Lexington, Valiant, is that you?" I contacted Lexington and Valiant through radio.

"Evan. Is that you?" Lexington voice came through the radio.

"Yes it is me." I replied before Glorious interrupted me.

"I'm here too." glorious spoke into the radio.

"Evan and Glorious. Thank goodness you two are still alive. Enterprise is sending out search teams to look for you all and we're the first one." Valiant informed me about what's going on back at my base.

"Enterprise. Worried about me as usual." i chuckled.

"One more thing. I'll let these three explain themselves." Lexington said and I got confused.

"What are you talking about?" I asked before I heard the voices of my three daughters

"Dad?"

"Father. Is that you?"

"Hello daddy."

Clementine's, Eleanor's and Victoria's voice came through the radio respectively.

"Our daughters followed us here Evan." Valiant told me what's going on.

This might be the last chapter before this book resumes it's normal updating pace as I will be busy in real life in the next few days. Also I might remake this book to also feature a certain commander of the HMCS Haida.

To a certain Richelieu lover, after much consideration, I decided to make some parts of this book and some of the ideas behind it related to my other books in the future, like meeting Thea, Wilhelmina and the HSF Graf Spee, Royston's Castle / the 2nd orochi and Shinano's Death.

Sorry if this book is bad

Evan

"Azur Lane and Wilhelmshaven Maritime High School! Sortie!"