(35. I'm his wife)

** Inspired by Chicago PD Remember the Devil S4 Ep 17

We were called to the woods today where a man claimed to have seen a woman running around barefoot and bloody. Jay thought he might have been hallucinating but Hank thought it was worth checking around.

We walked through the woods trying to find any sign of this woman when we came across a cabin, a shipping container beside it where we heard a noise. After opening the container we saw a woman chained up inside, completely frightened.

We were about to come in to let her out. "No no no! you can't! He said there was a bomb and that it would explode if you released me." She cried out.

Jay grabbed a hold of one of the hoops on the back of my jeans and pulled me back slowly. "Alright everyone step back, Halstead, Ruzek check the container." Hank instructed.

Once Adam and Jay had inspected the whole container, they let us know they didn't find anything. Erin and I walked into the container, walking towards the woman, she tried to stop us, terrified we would blow up.

"Sweetie you're okay, there's no bomb." I tried to calm her.

"NO NO NO HE SAID-" She yelled sobbing.

Erin reached her and undid her cuffs, the woman yelled as she did so but soon realized it was okay. I took my jacket off and put it around her. "You're okay." I rubbed her back. "Let's get you out of here." Erin and I began guiding her outside.

Back at the district we gave the woman some clothes and started looking for more information on her. Her name was Julianne Park, 22 years old and she had been reported missing by her parents in Indiana but they never contacted for ransome.

Jay and I had come back from following a lead, we were going in through the back when I remembered I'd left my phone back in the car. "I'm gonna go get my phone, I'll meet you upstairs." I let Jay know and he nodded walking in.

I grabbed my phone and while I was walking back I noticed a girl wondering by the entrance. I looked around me to see if she might be waiting for someone else but there was no one.

"Can I help you?" I asked her and she started walking towards me.

"Yeah, sorry hi, I saw you walk in with Jay Halstead." She finally spoke.

"Yeah?" I looked at her confused waiting her to carry on.

"I'm Abby, I wanted to see if I could talk to him." She giggled.

"Uhmm yeah I mean we're working a case right now so he might be busy, I could let him know you're here, but what do you need?" I asked her.

"Oh I just wanted him to sign some divorce papers." I felt a wave of shock pulse through my whole body.

"You're his wife?" I tried to stay calm.

"Yeah, kind of a long story." She laughed.

"Yeah, I bet. Let me go find him for you." I forced a smile before walking back into the district, feeling so angry but trying to stay calm knowing I couldn't let my relationship interfere with work.

I walked up and I guess Adam noticed my shift in mood when I walked past him. "Hey sis you alright?" He asked me but I ignored him walking to Jay's desk. He gave me a smile which I didn't return.

"You're WIFE...Abby is waiting for you downstairs." I spoke and I didn't care how loud I was being.

"What?" His expression completely shifted to one of pure confusion. He ran downstairs.