CHAPTER 33

"What the fuck is happening!?" Ten said loudly.

Jaemin scurried away from his grip, literally flying towards the door in a split second as he grabbed the keys to his motorbike. Ten blinked, surprised at how fast the other was, "What? Jaemin!" He called out, "Come here, now!"

His shouts brought Doyoung to the scene, his face blocking the exit, eyes glaring at Jaemin, "What on Earth do you think you're doing?" This brought Ten enough time to reach the two, his hands once again grabbing the scruff of Jaemin's shirt.

"This boy!" He swore, "Stop being so rash!" A punch landed squarely onto the younger one's face, forcing a groan out of him. The Thai turned to Haechan and Mark, "You two, hold this fool down. And Doyoung, call Taeyong."

Just for a second, he let the other off, and that was all it took for Jaemin to fling himself to the door, pushing his way through the screams and curses. Feet hitting the concrete, he dashed towards his bike, swing his feet over them, powering the engine.

I'm coming Jeno.

The sound of the growling motor fumed the flame in his veins, the wind whistling through his ears. The tires screeched as he took a sharp corner, running into a lane full of locals shopping from cramped shops.

The uproar from the people didn't bother, even the fact that he ran over the hook holding someone's tent didn't matter to him. He furrowed through the narrow gaps, his speed not falling beneath a 120.

"Ay!" He could hear them say out loud, "Watch where you're going! These fucking youngsters, for what do even go at such speeds for?" The question made Jaemin chuckle darkly since he himself had no idea why he was doing this.

He literally ran away from his members, pushed passed Doyoung and Ten to run towards a boy he knew was of dangerous blood. Though Haechan always called him stupid, he never believed it to be true until now.

Now, he realises that he is stupid.

Stupid as fuck.

Lee Jeno was sent there to help the NCT and if he failed then that was not their responsibility. He was kept there only for their benefit, nothing  more. Yet look at Jaemin, how desperate he is to go to him just after hearing the boy sniffle once.

He knew this was wrong, he knew that Taeyong would kill him for this. But he also knew that he didn't care. He didn't care for anything except Jeno now and nothing could stop him from going to see him.

They could cut his hands if they had too.

He would still crawl to Jeno.

Slit his throat if they had too.

He would still reach him as a soul.

The outline of the Vritra's estate stood well hidden from the public view, but Jaemin could easily stop it due to the figure of a lean boy standing from the corner of the estate's wall, the person's hand waving towards him. 

Parking his bike in one of the darker corners of the lane, he ran to the person, recognising him as the same guy who accompanied Jeno to the bar. You know, the little midget boy who called him a whore four times, Huang Renjun.

"Thumbelina." Jaemin walked straight to the boy, grabbing his collar as he pulled him to his face, "Where the fuck is Jeno?" The boy looked at him with odd eyes, but luckily didn't do anything apart from saying, "Follow me, don't be a nuisance."

Jaemin wanted to strangle him to death, but resisted only because he knew that he wouldn't find Jeno without this brat's help. "Whatever, keep going." He said gruffly as they walked to some old window from the outside.