CHAPTER 20

The cuff of Taeyong's shirt was gently set by Doyoung's glass fingers, their presence cold on his wrists, "You still dress like a child." Doyoung uttered, "Please never wear these old ass victorian clothes."

Oh, Doyoung, such a beautiful voice.

Taeyong laughed, his eyes brimming with a warmth only the other could evoke, "If you say so." The other clicked his tongue, "So you're going to do anything if I tell you to?

"Of course." Taeyong said, "I would do anything, I even dyed my hair into this weird red just because you asked me too." Doyoung snorted, patting his shoulders as he finally deemed the shirt to be neatly adjusted.

"You look good in red." He stated without even looking at him, a barely noticeable curve at the corners of his smile that sent the other's heart fluttering.

Shit, no way it was like this.

He, Lee Taeyong, was the leader of NCT, one of the world's most deadliest gangs. He shouldn't be feeling like a middle school girl with a celebrity crush with his friend.

That too, with his member.

Doyoung stared at him, "You look like you want to shoot someone." He stated blatantly with a mocking tone that not everyone were privileged enough to use around Taeyong.

The red haired one just shook himself visibly with a smile, "Nothing, nothing." He said loudly, "But I think you would shoot me if you could hear my thoughts." He whispered airily.

Doyoung turned sharply, "What?" He asked to which he just shook his hands, "Nothing, nothing." The dark haired one nodded, albeit in a manner that showed that he didn't believe him.

They stood in front of the mirror, looking at themselves standing so close to each other, Doyoung's face shining in the bright light as he spoke, "What did you decide about the Jeno boy?"

Ah, time for business work.

Almost forgot about that, eh, TY?

"I decided," He started, "To act on what Kun came up with. They decided to send him in as a spy but with zero knowledge about anything." The other nodded calmly.

"You know," Doyoung whispered, "I have a good feeling about Lee Jeno, so please don't put him in too much of danger." He leaned his head onto the other, looking closely,

"But don't hesitate to kill him for NCT."

Oh, how much Taeyong adored the other. He was so fortunate to have someone like him right by his side, guarding his every step, pushing him when needed and pulling him back when appropriate.

The leader smiled, "Of course." Just then, the door opened, revealing a neatly dressed Johnny who stepped in with Lee Jeno, "I brought the boy. It's time for the meeting, all members of NCT are present."

Doyoung gave a curt nod, walking in front to open the door for them, "Then let's not waste our time." He set his shirt, "Everyone must be very curious." He smiled at Johnny who left first and then at Taeyong, "Go on, Leader."

NCT's action depends on you, the pillar.

And with that vicious grin, the one that flaunted his insane capabilities in building such an empire, Taeyong headed out, Lee Jeno walking right behind him.

It was a heavenly sight to behold.

Lee Taeyong, Johnny Suh, Kim Doyoung and Lee Jeno, all walking swiftly underneath the neon green light that flared over their skin, the mercury and argon gas in the tubes having an intoxicating glow.

They walked out towards to the closed balcony on the 23dh floor of the building, ignoring the two guards that flanked the huge doors that had fitted metal chains all over them.

Johnny leaned towards Jeno, "We love interior decor a lot, you could use that as a conversation starter to get along with the members." He winked cheekily.

Oh my god, Johnny.

This is not the introduction class in middle school where you need icebreakers, this was a serious NCT meeting where Jeno's fate was going to be decided.

But I love the optimism.

Jeno nodded hesitantly as he saw the view towards which Johnny gestured with his hand, the entire expanse of NCT sitting right in front of him with all their faces exposed.

All these faces, the police and the government would give so much to get at least one of their heads propped up on a display to the public.

Like a prized possession, sharpened even more by violence.

"All of you are here already." Taeyong said in a feigned surprise, "Sit down, sit down. We need to talk about an important thing today." He gestured for them all to settle down.

Chairs were pulled in a cacophony that soon turned to a stiff silence as all of them looked at their leader with a gaze that would kill had it fallen on anything else except Taeyong.

Taeyong sat right at the start, on the single chair that was made of a crystal that held a soft green glow to it while Doyoung sat to his left and Kun to his right.

The brutal king with his brain to the right and his balance to the left.

Brilliant.

Johnny, who was standing near Taeyong, smiled at all of them and with one single hand move, darkened the glass walls to completely close the information that would be discussed here.

"Last session, we had discussed the reemergence of the Vritra and the fact that their dead leader's son is still alive. At first, we thought he was the main character of their revival, but we were wrong and today, we have that boy with us." Johnny said.

He held Jeno by his back, pushing him to the front like he was an animal at a butcher market, being boasted of to all those who would love to cut him up in pieces.

"Mr Lee Jeno has chose our side."

Jeno stood in front as he tried not to gulp, not to look weak as looked at the old and new faces that were sitting peacefully while watching him.

He was here as the heir to the Vritra, goddamit, he couldn't act like a lousy fool here. Not when he could be killed, not when his every breath is being allowed only because of this one excuse.

"Jeno's deep hatred to his family has made him our accomplice and it will be him that will report vital information back to us." Johnny announced, "He will be our trump card to completely kill the Vritra."

Jeno smiled, his look that of arrogance and power that was expected of his blood. His walk was strong and confident as he stood behind Taeyong, "Hello everyone, I am Lee Jeno and its wonderful to meet you."

There, now it was absolutely sealed.

He was formally introduced to NCT, designated to aid them with his life. He now stepped into a black hole that would suck him up completely, never to let him out again.

'You will regret this." A voice told Jeno, it's tone sounding extremely disappointed. Even Jaemin's look felt like he was feeling the same.

But he ignored it.

Ignored it cause it made him laugh.

It made him laugh, it was very funny how there was still a part of him that believed he was still a human. 'Shut up,' Jeno told the voice, 'I already know that I will regret this.'

Taeyong laughed lightly, "Come on everyone, greet your new friend."

All of them replied with curt greetings, their heads bowing not with respect for Jeno but from the fact that Taeyong gazed at them like a disapproving mother.

Jeno smiled back at all of them, knowing pretty well that his life from now on is just a simple countdown. A ticking noise that will always bring him to an edge where he will die and the chance to refill the falling seconds,

That chance, only lies with whether or not, NCT will spare him.

_____________________________________________

We got dream and 127 full album this year.

So when is Kun going to give birth to WayV's second full album?