CHAPTER 7

The dark hallways were lined with armed people who, despite being twice the size of Jaemin, pushed themselves away from him as though they would die if they stepped closer to him.

I mean, if Jaemin felt like it, they would indeed be dead.

A single push to the huge oak door and it opened, giving him an easy passage into the long hall that held the representatives of crime in Neocity. All of them sat in pin drop silence, watching him as he went to his chair.

The room was made of colourless tiles, the lights from the hanging chandeliers giving an illusion of flowing dover white onto the fixed marble.

A large table filled the space, all the chairs in the room adorned with a sash towards its ear, either of particular colour or pattern, acting as an visual identifications for the groups, some red, few blues and common guns.

And the neon for NCT.

The mask on his face which marked him as a member of NCT gave him a clear passage through all of them, being greeted with curt nods and slippery smiles that definitely held no good intentions.

"Finally, a Neo arrived. We've been waiting to start the meeting." A person with a square face spoke, the hinge in his voice clearly suggesting how pissed of everyone were with him.

They all watched him, ready to pounce on him the very second he made a mistake. One wrong move and they would all have a reason to plot against NCT.

"Apologies, I was stuck in mess, you can say."

Or more like he spent hours walking with his boyfri-, classmate.

The sentence seemed to ease a few people who felt like NCT had looked down on them by arriving late, most were unhappy that Jaemin managed to weasel out of the matter easily than expected.

He pulled the chair with his arm, folding his body into an upright sitting position. From his spot, he could watch all of the twitch underneath his strong gaze, worried about whether or not they were with good conditions.

"I think we should start the meeting now." Jaemin stated, seating himself in a chair easily, "I assume that no one else is the join us." He stated.

The others nodded and began speaking about everything one should speak about in an organised crime meeting.

This was another session where different mafia groups arrived to discuss propagandas and mostly peace talks between each other. It was an important for the 'organised' part in NstateT's well-made crime ring.

Jaemin was here on the behalf of NCT as a whole, here to listen to and analyse everyone else in the room. He had to be at his best, careful not to overlook a thing.

There were countless others wishing to crush NCT, to burn all of them to ground, to decapitate their heads and pin it up on their walls. Hate towards them was overbearing, bearable with only clever thinking.

But not one would dare to because the death of one Neo was almost impossible to cause. And even if you did manage to kill one, you would have to deal with NCT's absolute wrath.

As the saying goes.

NCT is like gravity, always there in every presence.

The essence of every creation, of birth and death.

It may sound like an exaggeration but who could deny the fact the NCT was indeed something that controlled all of their worlds?