CHAPTER 4

At the end of the street, stood a shabby wooden roof that was Jeno's home.

On extremely dark nights such as this one, his house would be completely hidden from everyone who walked on this street. It was dead and cold, holding no relationship with inhabitation.

To Jeno, however, it was a warm sign.

The messed up one-room house was his refuge from all the horrible things of his past. Here, in this house, he hid from all his bullies. It was here that he could rest peacefully.

In each corner of the room were battery charged lightbulbs and in the middle was a loose bed with a drawer. The interiors were all of different colours and gave out a jumbled feel to anyone who saw it.

It was obviously not something people would be happy to be in, but it was something at least.

After he locked the squeaking door, he kept his bag aside and went up to his small stove to make himself some dinner from the packages he took from yesterday's shop.

He leaned down to look at the contents, his hands rummaging through them all. His lousy shirt slid past his taunt collarbones, his breathes running down on them.

In the dead silence his house had a privilege of, he heard the unexpected odd pattern of leaking drops falling down onto the floor. His head perked up, his mind confused due to this new sound.

Soft like a metronome, clear like a crystal, the sound that came with the presence of gravity was obvious even the stillness of the night, the absent wind robbing all noise with it.

What could it even be? There was no way it was yesterday's rain because he was sure that the water would have been evaporated long ago by the scorching Sun.

His feet pressed down onto the floor, lifting his torso into an awkward standing position that allowed him to peep from the window that hung loosely to the ridges.

He bent to find something, but to no avail. It was just the dark sky, moss laden walls and grey lines of pollution that conveniently settle down onto the bricks.

"I guess I should go outside." He told himself a as he opened the door slowly, eyeing the outside from the little sliver. He looked around over and over, but there was no one there.

Then, an abrupt sweep of the wind showed herself.

And from his roof, he saw something fall.

His grip on the door disappeared and he jerked back, shivers running down his spine like cold chains. His fingers felt numb and he could feel all his senses diminish at what he saw.

From the edge of the roof, beautiful dark drops fell to the ground one by one. They fell straight to the ground despite the singular wind that blew through street.

A car ran down the Main Street next to his house, under whose headlight the droplets shone in a bright scarlet, capturing the golden light perfectly. He reached his hand out slowly, wincing at the warmth that radiated from it.

Blood, red and vivid.

He shivered as he saw how it spread across his palms, a deeper shade of Ox-red than the cuts and bruises that he carried on his skin, the disturbing viscosity like that of something he never saw.

He let out a sharp breath as he glanced at the two dead bodies below at his feet, the faces he could recognise as the bullies who torment him everyday, their clothes all dyed dark with colour.

Gaping mouths, hollow eyes.

So dead.

To multiply the crude nature of the scene, the bodies were just singular torsos, their shoulder blades protruding outside in a gory white. Without arms or legs, they remained motionless to watch.

Then like flowers to adorn Jeno, human fingers and hands fell to the ground, surprising him at how lightly they dropped down in pieces and sheets.

They fell near their initial owners, drowning in the pools that flowed alongside the body. Along with it, a red stained note fell lazily into his grasp.

He caught it tightly, reading the well written cursive on it.

'Like flowers, they fall to your feet. What do you think is happening?"

Had this happened when he was in a state of mental accuracy, he would have probably sprinted out of the scene, later moving away from this house as soon as possible.

Yet this time, an explosive euphoria filled him in lieu of panic as he read the note, his eyes glimmering red just like everything that surrounded him.

Regardless of the fact that this was an extremely inhumane thing, the death of his bullies was like a boon to him. Whoever did this had given him a wonderful blessing by getting rid of these assholes.

He didn't anyway have the guts to kill these brutes, but now someone had done it for him. Someone who didn't fear social standards or the wrath of the rich.

He was so happy.

Jeno gulped lightly, his mouth somehow curling up into a smile. He caressed the note softly, "Flowers, you say.It indeed feels like I've been showered by flowers. In fact, it feels better than that." He laughed lightly, his heart thawing.

He looked upto the sky, the dark blue now being seen as an alluring red though the falling blood, "Such beauty. How could I ever tell what exactly is happening?" He smiled, holding the note tighter.

"But if you were to really ask about what I think about this," He gave a pause before continuing in a wondrous tone.

"I think its raining humans." He said.

________________________________

Nct horror nights sounds so damn interesting

Anyway, can you see the plot getting a firm grip now?

Song recommendation- Maniac (NCT U)