𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔑𝔦𝔫𝔢

𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒂

"Come out!" Serenity says to my baby bump, making me laugh. "Soon, you have to be patient okay?" Serenity nods. The doorbell rings and I get up from the couch. I open the door seeing Lena. "Hey, how you feeling today?" She asks me. For the past week, she has been making consistent visits to Serenity.

This lady been kissing my ass, thinking we about to be friends. She keeps bringing up the whole thing with Jonathan and she keeps apologising, it's annoying. I've been deciding to be kind, sometimes with a hint of sarcasm. "I'm fine. Serenity! Your mom is here!" I shout and she comes out of the living room.

"Oh it's other mommy. I will get my shoes." I hear Lena sigh. She knows Serenity calls me mommy. At first she wasn't happy about it but she understood why it happened. Serenity came back to the front door with her shoes on and her iPad in her hand.

"I'll just be taking her out to eat and then I'll bring her home." Lena says to me. I nod and bend down to kiss Renity. "Bye mommy, bye baby." She says kissing my belly. I smile as I watch her leave. "See you later sweetheart. Have fun." I close the door and go back into the living room.

Jon put the whole custody battle to the side seeing as Lena came back. But as soon as she fucks up again, he'll go right back to it. I let out a groan as I sit down. My hand rests on my stomach and I use the other to flip through channels. I hear the front door open and then Ava's voice calling my name.

"I'm in here." I say and she comes in, Khalik following behind her. "Hey guys." They greet me back and sit on the couch. "How's my baby doing?" Ava asks me. "Good, my back is actually killing me though." I respond. Ava was away for the weekend with Khalik. So I was alone with Serenity at home.

"Have you uh, spoken to your nigga?" Khalik asks me with an attitude. "Baby don't." Ava says hitting on his shoulder. I shake my head. "No Ava, it's okay. Number 1, I'm very much single. 2, only in regards to our babies. 3, why the fuck do you care?" I question, turning to him.

"You carrying his baby and you ain't talking to him. Like you being childish for real." Khalik says making me laugh. "Are you fucking kidding me? I'm being childish? Have you forgotten that he CHEATED on me. He wasn't going to tell me if Carmen didn't."

"That was almost three months ago and Carmen set him up. You can't exactly be mad." I shake my head. "So you can excuse cheating? Is there something you got to tell Ava?" I pause, waiting for him to say something but he doesn't.

"Khalik, I'm not dating you. I just happened to date your friend. You should have zero say in what happens with me and Jon. I'm a grown fucking woman, I'm about to be a mother. I don't need anyone to try and talk down to me like I am a child."

"Khalik go home. I'll call you later." Ava says to him. He gets up and shrugs. "Alright cool. I ain't mean to upset the girl, I was just saying what was on my mind." I suck my teeth and pull my legs up on the couch. "Yeah and you should just mind your business." I say as he waves me off. I hear the front door slam and Ava sighs.

"I'm so sorry about him. I'll make sure he apologises too." She says to me. "I don't want anything from him." It goes silent for a few minutes and then Ava speaks up. "I know you're pissed about this whole thing but let's talk about something positive! Gender reveal. Is it still on? What are you doing?" I shrug whilst rubbing my eyes.