𝔗𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔶-𝔖𝔦𝔵

𝑬𝒍𝒆𝒏𝒐𝒓𝒂

I lean over the toilet for the 2nd time today, throwing up some cereal I had. Ava rubs my back and holds my hair up.

"Ele, you sure you don't want to go to the hospital? You've been throwing up for days." I shake my head and wipe my mouth with some tissue.

"No, I'm fine. It's probably just something I ate." I go over to my sink and brush my teeth. "I know you probably don't want to hear it, but I think you are pregnant."

I turn off my toothbrush and look at Ava in the mirror. "You sound stupid Ava. Stop it." I spit the toothpaste out and rinse my mouth.

"Ele, let's be realistic here. Ever since you got serious with Jonathan, y'all been fucking like animals. You are super dependant on the birth control you take. You 100% y'all using protection every time you have sex?" Ava asks me folding her arms.

"I mean yeah sometimes. Most of the time we do rely on the birth control." Ava laughs and I put my toothbrush back in the pot.

"Willow had her baby a few weeks ago, Carmen is at two months and now you?" I lean on the bathroom counter and groan.

"Ava? Sweetheart? My darling best friend? I'm not pregnant okay!" I walk out of my bathroom and lay on my bed, scrolling through my phone.

Ava walks out and then comes back a few minutes later fully dressed. She shakes her car keys, making me look at her.

"I'll go to the store to get you some tests because I love you. Also because I might be an auntie." She jumps up and down on the spot and then runs downstairs.

I hear the front door open and close, meaning she left the house. I get up from my bed and make my way down to the kitchen. The front door opens again so I poke my head out to see Jonathan.

I roll my eyes and go back into the kitchen. "Nice to see you too baby." I grab a bottle of water and drink some, putting it down on the counter.

Jon walks in and stands next to me. "You ain't talking to me for real? I miss you and fat ma." He says lowly. I grin and look at him.

"You are so annoying." I respond. Jon leans in to kiss me but I hold my head back and put my hand on his chest.

"I just threw up my breakfast. You don't want to do that." He furrows his eyebrows and frowns. "You sick? You been to the doctors?" I shake my head. "I'm fine."

Me and Jonathan both sit on stools, looking at each other. "I got something to tell you. Well ask you." He says holding onto both of my hands.

He stays quiet for a while, looking at me and playing with my hands. "You can't say that and then keep quiet Jon." He sighs.

"Me and my mom were talking a few days ago about Renity. I want to get full custody of her and I was thinking uh. You could um.. Maybe you could consider adopting Serenity to help my case?" I smile at him and rest my hand on his cheek.