𝔗𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶-𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯

Elenora

I walk out of my bedroom with Serenity, helping her walk down the stairs. We go into the living room and put on something for her to watch on Netflix.

Jonathan was still mad at me about the other day, so we haven't really spoke. Serenity wanted to stay with me for the night last night, so he just bought her over with an overnight bag.

Shaya, my boss, told me I didn't have any bookings for today since it wasn't a busy day so she told me to just take the day off. Ava still wanted to go in but only had one client so she should be home soon.

My doorbell goes off and I get up from the couch to answer it. I open the door and see Xavier leaning against the door frame.

I go to close the door but he pushes it back open. "What do you want? How did you even get in?"

"I parked outside of the gates and waited for someone to walk in so I could walk in behind them. I know you wouldn't have let me in if I had just buzzed."

"Xavier leave please. I'm gonna call Jonathan over here." He laughs and shrugs his shoulders. "Go ahead." I look behind him and see Jonathan come out of his house.

Xavier was talking about how he wasn't scared of him as I could see Jonathan get closer. He puts a finger to his lips indicating that I should stay quiet.

Jonathan gets a few steps behind Xavier and pulls something out of his trouser pocket, the gun. He raises it to the back of Xavier's head and clears his throat.

"It's like you want to get killed nigga." Jonathan says laughing. "Why are you back at my girls house? I ain't gonna use my hands this time, I'm just gone shoot yo ass."

"Jon put the gun down, there is no need for-"

"Ele, shut up. His dumb ass needs reminding that he isn't welcome here."

I was taken aback but I kept my mouth shut. I was afraid Jonathan might actually shoot Xavier in front of me. He was quiet the whole time, he was probably in shock.

"Jon, please put the gun down. Serenity is in the living room, I don't want her to see." He looks at me, putting the gun back into his pocket, slowly.

Jon grabs the back of Xavier by his hoodie and pushes him away from my door step. "I'm gonna walk him to the gate." He says sternly.

I widen my eyes at him as a warning and he nods his head. I close the front door and walk back into the living room, seeing Serenity asleep on the couch.

I take a blanket from the other side of the couch and put it over her. I hear the front door open and assume it was Jonathan until I hear Ava yell my name.

"ELE! THEY OUT THERE FIGHTING AGAIN!" I roll my eyes and walk to the front door. "Don't yell Serenity is asleep. Did you stop it?"

Ava shakes her head and laughs. "No. Well. I did try but Jon yelled at me to leave so I just minded my own and drove up to the house. They are fighting by the front gate."

I sigh and rub my forehead. "I just, ugh. I don't care as long as no one gets killed." Ava nods her head. "Yup. Same. I don't know why Xavier keeps popping up, it's like he doesn't realise he is gonna get checked by Jonathan EVERYTIME."