40. War of Arcane

Start from the beginning

King Harold boomed, his polite and calm premise shattering in a wink.

"You want to converse man to man? So be it."

Jungkook's mischievous smile slowly turned into more of a perplexed look when a vicious smirk formed at the corner of King Harold's slightly tinted lips.

"You should've thought that before talking a little too much."

"You—," Jungkook hissed as he whipped his head almost startlingly just to found no one around but himself. "Where are my friends?!"

"What's so hurry about?" King Harold scoffed and Jungkook growled at how the former was obviously provoking him. "Let's have a little chitchat first, as you wished earlier."

Jungkook's eyes were glowing with a hint of grey, his face heating up from under the veil due to how furious he already was. "Stop beating around the bush, you filthy crown-head! Just tell me where have you taken them?!"

"Very well then," King Harold shrugged as he flashed a toothy yet eerie grin. "Just have a combat with three of my precious beings and free your companions."

"Alright, if it's that what you want. Then Bring it on!"

Positioning himself in a fighting stance, Jungkook glanced at the gate that was lifted as the heavy strings holding it down were stretched upwards.

By the time, his eyes were glistening with a powerful shade of steel grey.

An intense roar echoed throughout the arena, leaving everyone shuddered in their places.

There showed up a creature which seemed nothing less than a beast — it had the head of a lion and the rest of the body of a bulky bull. Its orange dark mane was full and shaggy, covering the back of the head, neck, and continuing onto the throat and chest to join a fringe along the belly. A pair of thick horns were attached to its head which was curved outwards in a flat arc rather than upwards in a lyre shape, which concluded in giving it a majestic appearance. It was surely enough to intimidate its rivals.

The Lion cum bull progressed towards Jungkook in stealthy footsteps. It looked as if ready to explode thunderously into the light of the afternoon.

Shaking its head and looking ferocious to the uninitiated, it let out a deafening grunt. Jungkook being standing at close range could feel the call sending the vibrations through his ear canals.

After getting close to a catchable distance, the beast charged upon its prey which was none other than Jungkook.

Jungkook being stunned by the sudden attack narrowly dodged the charging animal by twirling to the side almost immediately, causing it to crash into the ground on its face first.

Jungkook wasn't able to even catch his breath yet when he looked at the beast which regained its composure, seemingly not affected at all.

The beast swiftly turned a full circle in Jungkook's direction as it paws the sand. Gaining a hold of himself, Jungkook balled his fists frantically.

Making a difference this time, Jungkook and the beast both lunged aggressively at each other with burning glares and clashed right in the middle of the ground.

Jungkook held the beast by both of its horns as they were confronting head to head. With each applying an equal amount of stamina, Jungkook's feet screeched through the battlefield, his face muscles contorted through the tightly gritted teeth. Heavy Specks of dust swirling around which was engulfing them.

"ARGH!" Exerting the masculine persuasive force, and leaping away from the beasts' snapping jaws, Jungkook managed to lift it up, causing the animal's broad feet to leave contact with the ground.