= S I X T Y - F O U R =

Start from the beginning

Were both sat on the floor except Ale is leaning back against the couch while I'm sat on his legs, mine on either side of his. My hand rests on his shoulder while the other holds the movies and one of his arms is wrapped around my waist while the other scratches his neck awkwardly. Well, Uhm, this is awkward. 

"Oh. Sorry." I say moving to get up. 

Except he doesn't let me and pulls me even closer. His head is tilted up to look at me, but I don't think he's looking at my face he's looking at my lips and I gulp. 

"How about we stay like this. It's comfy." He says with a smirk playing at his lips.

I stare at him wide-eyed not sure what to do or say. I couldn't tell if he was being serious or just messing with me. Maybe he was serious, but if he wasn't and I decided to stay... Well, Id just die from embarrassment then and there. 

"Uhh.." I start to say and then I'm cut short by a hiccup. 

I bring the hand that's on his shoulder to my mouth. Then I hiccup again. I want the ground to swallow me up. He doesn't say anything and we just stare at each other. And again, I hiccup.

"I'm joking." He says with a small laugh as he releases me and I quickly stand up.

"I'll be back- I just need- water-" I say between hiccups and run to the kitchen and I can hear his laughs as I run.

Getting to the kitchen I place my hands on the counter to cool my sweaty palms and exhale trying to regain my composure. I turn and grab a glass and fill it with cold water then proceed to gulp it down. Then finally my hiccups cease and I stop hiccuping, thank goodness. I don't think ill ever recover from that.

Wanting to delay my return to the living room I decide to make a few snacks. I place some microwave popcorn into the microwave then take a bowl to mix some sweets into and another bowl for the popcorn. A few minutes later the popcorn is done and I pour it into the bowl. Taking a deep breath I carry the two bowls and make my way back to Ale.

I find him sitting on the couch, his arm lazily dropped on the back. The T.V is on and I see that he's after putting the first of the Toy Story movies in. I smile at him as I walk over placing the snacks down on the glass table in front of us and then sit down. 

"I brought some snacks." I say and cringe at how stupid of a thing it was to say. 

"I can see." He says picking up the bowl of popcorn and placing it between us. 

I take the remote and press play and the movie begins. "Now shush so we can watch this."

"You're the one talking, not me." He shrugs and I roll my eyes playfully at him. 

~~~~~~

We're halfway into the movie and it's quiet, just the sound of the both of us eating the snacks that I made. Earlier on through the movie Ale moved the bowl onto his lap and shifted himself. So now he was sitting so close to me that our thighs were touching and every time I needed popcorn I had to look and made sure I actually put my hands in the bowl and not somewhere else because that... That would be the final straw for me. I'd have to really beg for the ground to swallow me up. 

But now I was painfully aware of how close we were sitting. Looking at the popcorn bowl I put my hand in to grab another handful of popcorn but as I do so Alessandro does the same and our hands knock into each other. With wide eyes aI glance up at him to find him already looking at me. 

"Sorry." I mutter quietly and grab a handful before turning back to the movie and pretending it didn't happen. 

He doesn't respond but I presume he heard anyways. A couple of minutes later the popcorn is done and the bowl on the table. Again he shifts in his place and he drapes his hand back along the back of the couch. His arm is close enough to me that it almost feels like his arm is on my shoulder and when I look at him he has a small smirk on his face and I know he knows what he's doing. I roll my eyes but I can feel my cheeks slightly heat up, what was he doing?