school

I seated and opened my book to do the homework for today. A little late when the class was starting in five minutes, but the teacher always kept an eye on me and always found a way to make me embarrassed... one way or another. 

Glasses Haru

I had recently found out that I need reading glasses. I used to come home from school with a terrible head ache every day, but now that I had gotten glasses the headaches had almost completely disappeared. I just wasn't used to them yet. I bent down to grab my glasses from my back when someone bumped into me.

"Ouch!" Seung exclaimed when his legs bumped into my shoulder as I had bent down to grab my glasses. 

Lee Seung... since a few months ago he started teasing me. He quickly realized it was fun cause I wouldn't do anything about it. Since he found out I was easy to tease, I've kinda been his punching bag. Not an actual punching bag, but I'm the one he lets his 'self-doubt' out on. 

I sat straight up and put my glasses on, hoping he would ignore me and move along if I didn't react.

"Don't you have anything to say to me?" He questioned, placing his hand firmly on my desk.

"I'm sorry Seung." I said while looking at the letters in my book, not wanting to look him in the eyes. He scoffed.

"I don't believe you, look at me and say it again." He whispered, taking off my glasses. 

"Hey, give them back!" I said, making the whole class look at us if they weren't already. I stood up and reached out, but he moved back, making me fail the attempt of grabbing my glasses.

"What's with the skirt? Since when did the nerd get all showy." He said, looking me up and down like I was some kind of buffet. 

I'm not even what you would call decent at school.. how am I a nerd?

"You got a D+ Min Haru!?" My father yelled at me.

"Calm down Min, she will study harder for the next test." My mom said, leaning against my father's arm.

"I will, I promise! I'm sorry abeoji*." I said and headed towards my room.

He'll never get satisfied...

I quickly sat down again, turning red from embarrassment. 

"Sit down Seung." Soomin nudged Seung, grabbed my glasses and handed them to me. 

"Okay okay." Seung said with his arms up, smirking at Soomin's death stare. Seung went to the back of the class and sat down, while Soomin settled on the seat next to me.

"Thank you." I whispered and she granted me a smile.

Soomin was a badass girl. She always spoke her mind and didn't let anyone get to her. 

I wish I could be just a little bit more like that

"What are you looking at?" She questioned and I caught myself staring at her. 

I shook my head and was just about to start doing my homework when the teacher walked in... 

Great. Yet another day of not having my homework done and my father yelling at me when he finds out..

*father