Chapter Fifty Four

Start from the beginning

"You know Harry said she asked Hercules to give Gil the...Talk?"

"Macaria?"

"No, no. Claudette."

Sammy chuckled. "Oh Gods, why would she do that?"

"Because Gaston's an idiot and more than likely didn't give it to Gil," Harriet sighed. "Not to mention I'm sure Claudette would rather not be made a grandmother again before Gil's married."

"Wouldn't that be Beast's responsibility?" Sammy asked. "Since Belle was Gil's guardian?"

"You'd think but would you want the Talk from Beast or Hercules if you were Gil?"

"...I see your point there but can we stop talking about this? We're venturing way too deep into Gil's love life for me to be comfortable," Sammy said as the two of them began to dig into the food they'd brought with them.

Sammy sighed as she looked over at Harriet. It was hard to believe it'd been three years since they got together and yet she knew it'd been longer than that. She'd been the dark haired girl's First Mate for as long as she could remember. She would always be by her side.

And now it was time to make that official.

"Cap'n?"

"Yeah Sammy...?" Harriet asked before looking at her best friend and girlfriend in shock as Sammy held a box in her hands. "Sammy? Is...is that...?"

"I meant what I said to you that day three years ago," Sammy said. "I look at you and I'm home. I never want that feeling to go away Harriet, and you're the most amazing person in my life. You're loving and caring and the best Captain any pirate could ask for even if I'm sure Harry would disagree with me. I...I want to stay like this. Forever. I want this to be we, just you and me. If you can promise me that? Harriet Milah Hook, will you make me the happiest woman alive? Will you marry me?"

Sammy opened the box to show Harriet the ring inside. It was a single rose gold band with the top part looking as if it'd been twisted the way a piece of rope was. The jewel in the center was a black diamond, Harriet had to assume, that looked like a tear drop.

"Lord...Lord Hades said it's a fancy black diamond," Sammy said softly as Harriet continued to stare. "I...please say something. Anything."

Harriet didn't speak but instead leaned over and met her lips to Sammy's in a tender yet eager kiss. "How could my answer be anything but yes?" She asked as she broke from the kiss. "You're my best mate, my First Mate, and probably the love of my life. You've been by my side for as long as I can remember and until the day comes where I'm escorted to Davy Jones' locker by Lord Hades himself, I will never send you from my side. My only question is how can I make you the happiest woman alive when you've already done that for me?"

Sammy let out a relieved chuckle as she quickly put the ring on Harriet's finger. "A perfect fit."

"Lord Hades does know what he's doing when it comes to his jewels doesn't he?" Harriet said with a smile. "And by the way, forever may be a long time but it's not long at all Sammy. Not when I'm with you."

She rested her forehead on her girlfriend's...sorry on her fiancee's and smiled. "Harry and CJ are probably going to flip their lids when they see this ring."

"More like Harry's going to be worried that you're expecting him to be next. He's dating Uma now after all."

"You do remember how long it took him to admit his feelings for Uma right? Harry's not going to propose until he's comfortable doing so."

"Good point," Sammy chuckled.

Harriet smiled. "So...you want to maybe see if this boat has a quarters for us to hunker down in? I do believe it's starting to snow."