chapter 24

*Gunshot*

"Noah!!!"

Everything was blur and silent , I was unable to feel anything. My body became numb.

I ran up to him "Noah!!! Keep your eyes open" I cried "please help him!!" I looked at those men who came with Noah. I took Noah's head in my lap as I crouch down.

"I am fine jennifer" was the last words came out of from his mouth before he became unconscious.

I feel helpless.

I can't anything other than the heart ache , after watching my husband like this.

"NOAH!!!" I screamed "GET UP PLEASE!!!"

I saw Daniel was smirking in satisfaction. I hate this man. Suddenly I heard Sirens , it was police.

"NOT F*CKING AGAIN!!" Daniel shouted in frustration.

"THAT'S IT DANIEL KNIGHT!!! THE GAME IS OVER!!!" The officer shouted while pointing the gun at him.

"I'll again run away like I did years ago" he smirked.

"Mam take Noah sir to hospital as soon as possible " the officer said.

I looked at him

It's cuz of me

Tears were sliding down my cheeks.

Noah's security took him to the car. I looked at Daniel "I wish you die bast*rd!!"

I wiped my tears but just replaced by new ones. I can't see him like this , it hurts. I am afraid

"Please drive fast" I said between my sobs.

"Noah p-please don't l-leave me...p-please stay with m-me"

If anything happened to him , my life would be meaningless. How can I even wonder my life without him.

It hurts

It hurts so bad

We reached the hospital , it was the hospital in which I work.

"Doctor Jennifer?? What's wrong??" One of the nurse asked, when she saw Noah on the stretcher.

"Call doctor Jason , it's an emergency"

"But mam he already have an operation" she said.

"Jen?? What's wrong??" Alice came towards me "omg Jen what happened to Noah!!??" Her eyes went wide , and had concern in it.

"Alice...Noah--- it's.. it's an emergency" I said while wiping my tears

"Jen...Jason is in emergency , you have to do this Operation"

I can't ... I can't see him lying there , half dea--... I can't

"B-but"

"Jennifer we don't have f"cking time!!"  She shouted.

I CAN'T!!! CAN'T SHE UNDERSTAND!!! I wanted to shout.

I looked at Noah.

She is right , I don't have time. My heart was beating , like it will come out any minute.

"O-ok I'll do it"

I am afraid and nervous. I can't do this but I have to , I have to save my husband. I have to save my love , yes I love him.

Wierd time to accept.

I'll do it , I can't let him go when I just got him. My hands were shaking while breathe was uneven. I took deep breath.

I can do it.

I went inside the operation theatre. He was lying lifeless. Tears again came into my eyes , the pain again came into my heart. It was making me weak but I can't be. I need to be strong for him , for my love.

______________

Jason POV

I came out of the operation theatre and Alice was standing , she was looking nervous and tensed.

"Hyy beautiful, what's Wrong??" I said

"Jason , Noah--- he is in operation theatre , he got shot"

"WHAT!!!??" I was shocked , what happened to him? And what about jennifer? "Where's jennifer??"

"S-she is doing t-the operation" She said with sadness in her eyes.

That's not good. She isn't mentally fine and she is doing Operation. It's dangerous.

"WTF!!! Why is she doing it??"

"Cuz there wasn't any choice, it's always you or jennifer with the team but you were in other operation , we didn't had choice "

Man! This can't be happening. I can just hope everything goes fine. I put my hand on my face in frustration.

"Yeah...what about his parents?? Did you informed??"

"Yeah they'll be here any minute"

Me and Alice were waiting, outside the Operation theatre.

"W-where is he??" An old lady Came inside while crying , she was short in height her gray hairs were short length and she had blue eyes And pale skin with wrinkles.  I suppose she is Noah's mother

"Nela it's ok... He'll be fine" A old man came beside the lady , who's name is Nela I suppose, and hugged her.

"I am afraid Jacob"

"Are you Noah's parents??" I asked to the old couple.

"Y-Yes ... Is he alright??"

"He is still in, we don't know yet. Jennifer is doing Operation"

They looked shock at first but then smiled Sadly and I smiled back.

After sometime jennifer's parents came.

"Nela??" Mrs. Johnson came and hugs Noah's mother. "Jason?? Where's Noah?? A-and jennifer??"

"mrs. Johnson , jennifer is Noah's doing Operation"

"How...H-How can she? It must be h-hard for her"

Yes that's the reason that's the reason I was also disappointed, she is already in mental battle and then she is operating. I am feeling nervous and I can feel everyone here does.

We all were waiting and after sometime jennifer came out. As she came out of operation theatre she fell down like a lifeless body.

___________

Jennifer POV

It's done

It's finished.

I don't have much energy anymore.

________

Hello

Ik it's a short chapter , also I took quite a long time sorry

If u liked it then vote and follow me 💕💕

And thnx for reading ♥️