Chapter 19 ~ Everything is wrong

Farah looked up.

"Oh god. Don't pout Farah... Fine. I'll let you in on a little secret, just this once. There's a legend, it's a thousand years old that's how old the Burned Ones are by the way they were soldiers from an ancient war. The legend is about the magic used against them. It created them it's powerful. It's primal. The Dragon Flame. It burns inside your two daughters." Rosalind said looking at Farah

"So that's why Destiny and Bloom could transform so easily?" Farah asked

"With my guidance, yes." Rosalind replied "The Burned Ones never stood a chance."

"You let Burned Ones into the school to test two teenage girls. Risking the lives of countless students?" Farah asked

"There's a war on the horizon." Rosalind said

Farah sighed

"The Burned Ones are nothing compared to what's coming." Rosalind said "I fear you lack the composure to lead the next generation into it."

"And there it is" Farah smiled sitting next to Rosalind "Once i stepped out from under your shadow, i saw a world full of light. Turns out this place isn't miserable. It was just you."

"What a shame Queen Luna doesn't agree with you." Rosalind smiled "I was planning to threaten her with exposing her role in the cover-up at Aster Dell, but apparently, she's been mad at you for some time. Something about her daughter and Ricki? Dreadful name. Anyway, she agree the school could use a change. I have a feeling most of the faculty will fall in line when i walk through the door. Ben will certainly keep quite for the sake of his children. Saul would have been a problem but he'll be on trial for the murder of Andreas. Sorry attempted murder. Poor Andreas, it couldn't have been easy to stay in hiding for so long, but i needed someone to raise Beatrix. In case you were wondering who was working with me on the outside. So.. now all we have to talk about is you. I think you should take a sabbatical. Head to the mountains. Take a break. You've worked so hard, Farah"

"I am the Headmistress of Alfea. And there is no way i am leaving my daughters and the school in your hands." Farah said walking a few steps away.

"I know that" Rosalind said

Farah looked up with a scared expression.

"The rest of the world might believe it." Rosalind waved her hand and Farah started to levitate. "And if they don't"

Farah's eyes shimmered for a second and disappeared

"What the fuck are they gonna do about it." Rosalind moved her hand quickly as Farah's neck broke and she fell to the ground lifeless.