camping // connie

WARNING:
This chapter contains multiple instances of swearing/inappropriate language. If you are easily triggered by use of such language, please be careful if you read this chapter.
oh and sorry for any typos i cannot bear to read one-shots about characters i don't simp for, including the ones i literally wrote myself </3 happy reading tho! :)
———

"Oh, come on," Sasha shoved you playfully, "It'll be fun, I promise!"

"I dunno..." you muttered. She'd invited you to go camping the coming weekend because you were going to get a day off of training, but you'd never been before and weren't wild about bears and snakes.

"You'll be fine! You're literally training to be a titan-killer, and you're worried about snakes?" Sasha pleaded, "Look, I've been camping a bunch of times with my dad, so you really don't need to worry."

"Ok, I guess," you said reluctantly. The idea was starting to grow on you, "Alright," you perked up, "You know what? Let's do this." Sasha jumped and grabbed you arm, telling you over and over all the fun things you'd be doing on this single-night camping adventure.

"Also, I think Connie and Jean are coming too but they'll be somewhere else," Sasha added before her eyes lit up with even more excitement, "What if we scared them? Wouldn't that be fun? Then we could make food over the fire and..."

—— ——

"Y'know, Sash," you huffed over the sound of leaves crunching beneath your feet, "I can't say I'm too stoked about camping here."

"We're not gonna pitch our tents on the trail, dummy," Sasha said, "The campsite isn't much farther, you'll be fine."

"Whatever you say."

But she was right—the campsite was just around the corner, and was a little clearing next to a pond. The early-autumn leaves painted a breath-taking view of the pond and clearing where you assumed your tents would go.

"Did we beat the others here?" you asked, putting your backpack down next to Sasha's and looking around the area.

"I don't think they ended up coming," Sasha said, bending over to grab a tent from her bag, "I wish we could've brought just one big tent instead of these two little ones," she sighed.

"I wouldn't have carried it," you said sarcastically. Sasha chuckled and you both set up your tents across from the pond.

The night ended up being everything you'd hoped it would be. There were mosquitos, yes, but they left you alone once you two had started the fire. There were certainly no bears or snakes, and the forest was far less creepy than you'd imagined. The hot dogs were surprisingly good for having made them yourself, and you found your tent to be pretty comfortable.

"Goodnight!" you called to Sasha, zipped up in the tent adjacent to yours.

"'Night!" she called back.

You realized just as you settled in that you desperately needed to pee, and you had no idea how you could do that.

"Um... Sash?" you called again.

"Yeah?"

"I gotta pee," you said nervously, "and I bet I have to go squat in the woods, huh?" you prayed desperately that she would tell you no, there was an outhouse just down the trail, but you already knew what she would say.

"Unfortunately," she laughed, "If you're scared I can come with," she added, "since it's dark?"

"No, that's okay," you said, hunching over to leave the tent, "just come find me if I don't get back in like twenty minutes."