dreaming // levi

"Are you sure?!" Petra screamed as our horses ran through the open field. The Levi Squad—myself included—was on an excursion outside the walls along with Section Commander Hanji. Our goal was to capture two titans.

"Positive!" I replied, grinning. I absolutely adored being outside the walls. The air felt fresher and the grass looked greener, but there was something else to it, too. I just couldn't pinpoint what it was.

I noticed Levi look back at me as I unsheathed my blades and sat up on my horse, "Sit down," he said, "That's an order. Don't go off fighting those titans yourself." He was referring to the mob of five titans following us, one of which was an abnormal.

"That's alright," I smiled and balanced, standing atop my horse now, "See ya!" I froze and fell backwards on my horse, pulling the trigger seconds before I hit the dirt and bouncing myself into the air. The Squad could escape now, I'd just catch up once I took care of the titans bothering us.

As I shot through the air, I extended my arm effortlessly and swung around to the front of an ugly blonde titan with too many teeth. I attached my hook to it's shoulder and zipped all the way past its neck to its backside, winking at it along the way.

When I felt my line tighten behind me, I flung myself backwards and squeezed my handles, making the wire retract and shoot me towards the titan's nape. Perfect. I grinned and stuck my arms out to the side before swinging them and using my momentum to spin like a top.

A huge chunk of flesh from the titan flew through the air as my swords dug deep into its nape. I wiped some of the blood from my face absentmindedly as the creature crashed to the ground. My maneuver gear clicked and I zipped toward the next titan, this one with white hair and eyes that were way too big.

Annoyingly, this one was more aware of my presence and was facing me already once I reached it. I decided to tease it a little. Without hesitation, I shot my hook into the back of its head, grimacing at the blood that squirted out.

I reached the back of its head and swung myself to the top of its head, stamping on it a few times. "Got anything in there?" I asked it, kicking the hairs on its head, "Damn, doesn't seem like you do." I shrugged and swung back down to the titan's nape as I felt the air around me shift.

In an instant, the titans hand was flying towards me, but I just barely dodged it, "Hey, watch out!" I told the titan, stabbing its nape with my sword before pulling it out and shooting backwards to get a better angle. Once I was in the perfect position, I squeezed the trigger and flew forward, taking the titan down in a single cut, "Sucks that you didn't help your friends," I told the rotting corpse below me as I zipped toward the remaining titans, who were now catching up to the Levi Squad, "I can't relate, though."

"Y/N." a threatening voice came out of nowhere beside me. I whipped around to see Levi flying next to me with his maneuver gear.

"Why hello, Captain!" I smiled, "What brings you to this part of town?"

"Tch," Levi said, though a hint of a smile tugged at the corners of his lips, "You need to stop chasing titans and come back down there with the rest of us."

"Ugh, Levi," I felt a few butterflies in my stomach when I remembered that he didn't care if I used his first name, "We talked about this, remember?"

"Yes," Levi deadpanned, "and we agreed that you would stay with the squad."

"I don't remember it like thaaat," I lied, "I'm pretty sure you said I could do what I want."

"I didn't."

"Okay, well—" I was cut off by a crash as a titan appeared beside us out of the blue, "Shit! LEVI!" I shouted, unhooking my line from a nearby tree and to the titan, "Watch out!"