lecture // eren (pt. i)

"Hanji, we're really early," I said, hurrying after my aunt as she sped down the hall. She walked insanely quickly, but that wasn't really any surprise to me. A lot of people said I reminded them of her, saying that I must've "inherited her attitude" or "gotten my energy" from her, though I didn't really see it.

"Oh don't complain, you're excited to see that Jaeger boy anyway, right?" she winked at me as we turned a corner, "Plus, at least we aren't late!" We stopped in front of a door and she held out her hand, gesturing for me to step back.

"I suppose..." I started, "But don't--" I was interrupted by a huge crash as Hanji slammed her foot into the door, hoping to fling it open with a bang. The door splintered and creaked, but didn't budge. "Hanji!"

"Whoops!" Hanji muttered under her breath as someone opened the door from the inside. A short ginger woman timidly opened the now crooked door, inviting Hanji and me inside. "Hello, Levi Squad," my aunt grinned and greeted everyone. Captain Levi rolled his eyes and muttered a reply, but I didn't hear it as I rushed over to Eren.

"I seriously thought you were screwed back there," I said, plopping myself down next to him and throwing my arm over his shoulder, "But I'm glad you're not." Though I'd graduated early because of my relation to Hanji, I'd still spent a while with the 104th--especially Eren. That's why I was genuinely worried about his inquiry, which happened less than two days ago.

"He might be just as doomed if you two get a hold of him with all your little experiments," Levi said, sounding annoyed as he sipped his tea.

"We're in charge of researching the two titans we captured back in town," Hanji grinned and turned to Eren and me, "and I'd like you to help me with the experiments tomorrow. I came to get permission."

I took my arm off of Eren's shoulder and I felt him tense up slightly. I could tell he was nervous, and Hanji being excited and all probably wasn't helping. "Experiments?" Eren asked anxiously, "What would I be doing?"

Hanji blushed with excitement. When she opened her mouth to say something, I cut her off, not wanting to terrify Eren more than he already was. "Don't worry, it's nothing bad," I said leaning my head on my hands and shooting a glare at Hanji, "The Captain is lying, we wouldn't hurt you."

"Watch it, brat."

"Seriously, it's nothing that'll get any of us hurt," I ignored Levi behind me and held Eren's gaze.

"Yep! It's something totally awesome," Hanji was practically drooling with excitement. Eren told her that he couldn't actually give permission for himself and that it was up to Levi. "Yo, Levi, what's Eren doing tomorrow?"

"Cleaning the courtyard," an irritated Levi replied, "and Y/N is more than welcome to join him."

"Great! It's settled then!" my aunt said. I felt a surge of anger when she took Eren's hand, but it left quickly when I questioned why it was there, "I'll see you tomorrow!" She stood up straight and motioned for me to follow her. I sighed and hugged Eren before standing to go after Hanji, who'd already disappeared out the door.

"See you," I said, slightly disappointed we didn't get to really hang out.

"Wait, Y/N?" Eren asked as I stepped out the door. I leaned back through the doorway, balancing on one foot, "What kind of experiments--" I crashed to the floor as Hanji came flying back through the doorway.

"I knew it!" she exclaimed, helping me up before I had the chance to get mad at her. She rushed back to Eren and threw herself down in a seat across from him, "I thought you'd want to hear," the rest of the Levi Squad began to leave, passing me on the way out, "If you insist on hearing about it, that's just fine."