dazed // sasha

i would like to clarify that former members of the 104th have graduated (at the time of this one-shot) and are now in the survey corps, and are not 13-15, because that would be kinda creepy. the scouts we all know and love are older in this story, even though i know it doesnt quite line up with the time line. anyways, enjoy, babes :)

-q

—:—

"Just take it," you laughed, sliding the rest of your dinner to Sasha, who had been leaning on your shoulder, staring at your plate of food.

Though you were all relatively new to the survey corps, you had already grown close with Connie and Sasha, but you found you spent more time with Connie since Sasha often disappeared... likely to find food.

Sasha inhaled what was left of your dinner.

"Don't forget to breathe," Connie joked loudly. You laughed with him and waited for Sasha's response.

"I'm tired," was all she said. She didn't look tired, but her shoulders were slumped oddly, almost as if she was pretending to be tired.

"Oh?" you asked, raising an eyebrow at Connie, who sat across from you. He shrugged.

"You ate that food pretty fast for someone who's tired," Connie said. You held in a laugh. Surprisingly, Sasha's cheeks and nose turned red. She wasn't one to take Connie seriously.

"You good, Sash?" you asked.

"Yeah, yeah," she said, no longer 'tired', "I'm fine. I'm good," a smile spread across her face, "Connie doesn't look so well, though..."

"Huh?"

"Oh sorry, must've been the lighting," she suppressed a laugh, "you just look a bit sickly and gross."

You laughed along with Sasha as Connie hurled an insult back at her. Dinner continued as per usual.

—:—

You left helping Connie drag Jean from the mess hall after getting into yet another fight with Jaeger. He was half-fighting half-tripping out the door until you smacked the back of his head and he gave up. "You act like a kid," you said, embarrassed by Eren and his' little show.

"Sorry," he mumbled.

You glanced through the doorway and saw that Sasha had sat (?) down next to Mikasa, clearly asking if she was going to eat her whole meal. Though you couldn't explain why, it made you a little angry. Perhaps you were jealous that she was friends with other people, too.

You waved goodbye to Connie and Jean as they headed to their barracks, and started towards your own. You headed inside the screen door, passing Ymir and Historia on the way to the bathroom. Ymir was on her side facing Historia, resting her head on her arm. Conveniently, her bunk was near Historia's. Almost everyone in the 104th agreed that she was an angel, though no one but Reiner dared cross paths with Ymir to get to her.

You brushed your teeth and did what you could to fix your hair, but it would take more than a simple shake to fix a full day of training in your hair. You had planned to shower, but Mina appeared carrying a towel and a bar of soap asked to use it, so you just decided to let her go ahead while you waited in the bunk room.

As you closed the bathroom door behind you, the screen door swung open and a slightly dazed Sasha dragged her feet through the door. When you thought about it, you figured she must be tired, as you had both just trained an extra two hours before dinner. It was 100% your choice, and Sasha had been dying to go to dinner, but you figured it was best for the both of you to get some extra ODM practice.

Sasha went straight to the bathroom, where she took her hair out of a ponytail and brushed her teeth, before returned back to the common area.

"Hey, Sash," you greeted her. She was your bunkmate, so she headed toward your bunk where you lied. Or that's what you though, of course.

Rather than going towards the ladder, she came over towards your bunk, causing you to sit up, wondering what was wrong. She flopped onto your bed, or rather, half onto you, half on the cheap mattress.

"Wh-?" you started, but were cut off by her lips meeting yours. You froze, having not the slightest clue as to what the fuck she was doing. She hadn't shown any sliver of sign she was attracted to you at all..

except for at dinner...

...and except for at training the other day when she hugged you slightly longer than normally...

...and that other time...

...oh.

Now that it was happening, though, you couldn't help but think about how you were jealous of Mikasa earlier when Sasha simply spoke to her, or about how frustrated you were when Sasha occasionally walked with Historia to their hand-to-hand combat lessons. Was it possible you were falling for her, too?

I mean sure, she was by far the prettiest girl in the survey corps, and her personality glowed, but surely you—

"Damnnn..." Ymir said, making you jump.

Sasha backed up suddenly, her eyes wide at first as yours while you stared at each other. You saw out of your peripheral vision that Mina had returned from the shower and was standing, hair dripping on the splinter wood flooring, as she stared, jaw on the floor. Sasha's gaze eventually returned back to the carefree (or as carefree as one could be in the Scouts) eyes and funny smile you were used to.

"Thanks for the food earlier!" she said as if nothing had happened. The thought of her leaving and going up to her bunk passed through your mind, and you did not like it, so you decided to kiss her again.

Your hands moved to Sasha's sides and you pulled her lips back to yours, catching a brief glance of a smile on your best friend's face before your faces met again and your eyes instinctively shut.

Ymir whistled, reacting again as though it was her business. Honestly, it didn't bother you that other people saw you and Sasha now quite literally making out, it made you feel a little proud.

You heard Historia smack Ymir, and she began to whisper-scream at Ymir, though you had no idea what she said as you were caught back up in Sasha. Mina blinked slowly before shrugging and going to her own bunk.

When you and Sasha finally stopped, Sasha almost immediately fell asleep, resting her head on your lap as you leaned against the back wall touching you bunk.

At one point, Mikasa came in through the screen door, the final resident of your barracks. There was a deadly silence, but she hardly noticed and went straight to the bathroom to shower.

You also noticed nothing, as you were in as much of a daze as Sasha was when she returned from the mess hall. You could've sworn everything was slightly sparkly, and it was literally impossible to keep your eyes from smiling. From fear of embarrassment, however, you managed to keep you mouth in a straight line... somewhat, anyway.

—:—
S P O I L E R S   A H E A D
      proceed with caution

if i see a single one of you comment about sasha's death, you bet your ass that comment's getting deleted if you havent already done so yourself. "its old news" ik bestie some of us arent fucking ready to accept it.

anyways, tysm for reading ily bye <33

-q