Chapter 19

A/N: This book will be ending very soon. :( this book will have 2 more chapters but 5 at the most. I will be writing a sequel to The Girl In Shining Armour but that will be later on. I have decided that after this book, I will be taking a small break from this series to work on my studies and other books.

Sincerely,

mackaygirlTB

Minho POV

The sound of heavy breathing filled the air. All of us were sitting, patiently waiting for the Grievers to pass. We all knew they wouldn't and that we were going to die...

2 hours before

Everyone was still rushing around. People everywhere were cowering.
No one knew what to do. No one knew if we were going to live. All I could is sit and wait... Wait patiently and hope that Susan and Lucy were alive.

I was yanked by the hand over to the Homestead and pulled in side. The door slammed shut behind me which sounded like a gun shot. I was pushed into a corner and before I had time to turn around, a roaring sound came from outside. The whole "building" shook and everyone flinched . This had never happened before. Susan and Lucy were still in the maze... And no one could save them.

Susan POV

Lucy and I raced through the maze. The doors had surely closed and Lucy and I might not make the night... But we had to try.

We finally reached the doors and realized... They were open. Lucy excitedly ran past the doors but stopped as soon as she could see the FULL glade.

Grievers. Everywhere.

At first I could not believe my eyes.
Then all I could think about was getting Lucy to safety.
Her body ran swiftly behind me. My hand clutched hers tightly in my palm. I could feel our hands slipping apart. The sweat was making them slide. We could easily clear the last 10 metres but I didn't think we could make it.

Grievers ripped me off my feet. Lucy was thrown to the side and I lay under the claws of the beast above. This was the end. I could feel it.

3rd person POV

The glade was a wreck. Random pieces of debris were scattered everywhere. Susan was lying on the ground under a Griever, Lucy was thrown to the side, Minho was in the homestead, newt was in the homestead, Thomas and Alby, Gally and Jordan, Edmund and Peter... They were all in the homestead. No one would know that Lucy and Susan were outside.

Minho sat in the homestead shaking in fear. Tears were rolling down his face along with beads of sweat. All he could think about was Susan and Lucy.

Then there was Chuck. His girlfriend was outside almost getting killed and he couldn't do a thing about it.

Nobody knew how the night would end. No one knew that Susan would save them... And if they would ever see her again...

<---------------<<<<<<<<<<<

No proper author note today... Just wanted to let you know we are almost at 1K reads!!!!!!